Quantcast

kenfain

How about a new pin topic, or sticky?

I see a lot of people here who need parts for vehicles that are obsolete. Having been originally bought at places like tractor supply. And are no longer made.

These vehicles were made by a manufacturer that likely made several other brands. Might the parts for the other brands still be available? And will they interchange? 

Even if they don't interchange with currently available parts. It would be helpful to know the original interchangeability. To make sourcing used parts easier. 

I'd like to see a forum database of this information. A couple of charts ought to do it. We're seeing quite a few people looking for parts sourcing for stuff that really isn't that old. Yet no longer made. 

Would there be any interest in having, and maintaining, and consolidating this information? It would have to be maintained, just to keep it concise, and uncluttered. Easy to understand, and navigate. 

The members could contribute, but ultimately it would be the staff that would have to organize the information. 

I like that idea, it's a good one... Forums are to help people and if there's any way member's can help I'm all for it.

Someone more computer literate than me, would have to set up the whole thing. But let's not kid ourselves, you'd be the main contributor. You've got serious search skills. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Joey Miller
      Hey I finally found a joyner I could afford lol I just bought a 2008 joyner sand viper 800cc I like it but it needs work that's not the issue me being a mechanic issue is I can't seem to find the parts I need like everything else I've worked on I'm not even sure what would work so I need advice from some one who has been there for now the things I need the most are rear shocks , I need the upper and lower ball joints or Johnny joints whatever they are called and I'm sure this had a fuel pressure regulator before now it just has some random inline pump no filter runs good for 15 mins or so then runs pretty crappy but if I let it sit a bit same thing I know it's going out but I need to know what I can do to sub for the factory pump and what psi requirement it has that's it for now any help would be appreciated
    • By Racer310
      1-Got  some clicking type noise as if metal to metal and sounds like it is coming from both front and rear A arms. They don't have anything their to grease except maybe take the bolt out and slide back in it?
      2-Also manual doesn't give a brand name for the oil filter or a cross reference to buy one at auto parts store.
      3-Air filter---where is it? manual I goggled has it in 2 different locations but NO air filter to be found. Maybe it doesn't have one.
      4-Love the buggy so far, got LED lights, stereo system, seat covers.......yep and got stuck mugging first time out but had a blast.
      Thanks

• By mayorOFsalem
      If anyone has any parts for sell Please list here by REPLY.
      I would like to see this RZR forum get moving a bit.Its worth a shot.
    • By Brad Collins
      I have a 2011 Chironex spartan. 500cc xt. four seater. I have a leak which appers to be from the front differential and the drive shaft. i've searched for parts for the specific brand with no luck. anyone have an idea on what to choose from. thanks
    • By Travis
      Hi, all, I am here to say i have found an excellent source for kawasaki parts, It's run by  Eddie Babbit. It is called Kawasaki Partshouse. run by Babbits online, Muskegon Michigan. http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts
      Just the other day i ordered piston rings, for my Mule 550, They got here and a Oil ring, and smaller ring were missing from the box, Kawasaki took responsibility for the "Accident" and  I had also contacted babbits, and they replied and they said" keep the old rings, order a new set and you just pay shipping" so i got $30 piston rings for 8.95!!!? Free shipping on orders over $50!!!