brostar

Trooper Photos & Videos

I tried posting a video of the Trooper with a new canvas enclosure here to show what the vision was like looking through the plastic windscreen, but I could not so I opened a youtube account and posted it there. The link is

and it will give you a fair idea what the vision is like & a NZ bush track. This one was a closed forestry rd that wouldn't of seen a truck in years. We did find a truck but that was the end of that track. The vision through the windscreen is surprisingly very good but I still decided to add a zip and now you get the best of both worlds. The photos of the zip are here: http://community.webshots.com/album/568944807yrkoaG

Cheers Mike.

I tried posting a video of the Trooper with a new canvas enclosure here to show what the vision was like looking through the plastic windscreen, but I could not so I opened a youtube account and posted it there. The link is
and it will give you a fair idea what the vision is like & a NZ bush track. This one was a closed forestry rd that wouldn't of seen a truck in years. We did find a truck but that was the end of that track. The vision through the windscreen is surprisingly very good but I still decided to add a zip and now you get the best of both worlds. The photos of the zip are here: http://community.webshots.com/album/568944807yrkoaG

Cheers Mike.

Mike

Where do you buy this enclosure for the Trooper or did you have it custom made?

This full canvas enclosure was made by Joyner and is new to the market. There is a hard enclosure available too. With my canvas enclosure, I was not happy with the design so I've had a zip added to the front windscreen, marine hardware fittings to the firewall and eyelets to the sill by a marine upholsterer. The video was an attempt to show the difference between the plastic screen and open air by flashing the camera in & out of the cab. If your worried about a plastic windscreen not having good vision don't be because it's no worse than glass however I would recommend making these changes because of heat build up on a hot day and more importantly for mud bogging because mud these plastic windscreens equals poor vision at best. She's a rip snorter of a day over here and it's forecasted to get up to 26c(which is about 80f) so I'm going back up to Moirs Hill see how much better it is like this and I'll take the camera.

Cheers Mike.