Quantcast

Jwil05

Landmaster gears sticking

Have a landmaster 700.

my gears seem to stick in forward or reverse whatever I go to first after starting. Once the engine is turned off the gears release.

any advice?

4 hours ago, Jwil05 said:

Have a landmaster 700.

my gears seem to stick in forward or reverse whatever I go to first after starting. Once the engine is turned off the gears release.

any advice?

Does it have a hydraulic clutch? 

I own an LM653. Had the same problem. If I momentarily shut off the ignition & turned it back on it would drop out of gear because of the slight drop in RPM.  My brother in law readjusted the idle lower And it’s been working fine since. Didn’t take much of an idle reduction. Make the adjustment after the engine is warm. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By blacktrain
      2014 Massimo MSU 400 idles perfect, runs ok up to half speed.  From half speed if you step down on the gas pedal all the way engine dies.  Engine is fuel injected, the map sensor, and the throttle body idle control sensor, and the fuel injector have been replaced.  Also the fuel pump was removed and fuel pressure is ok, and fuel was checked for water.  Air box and air filter have been cleaned, also replaced spark plug.  From a dead stop if you step right down on the gas pedal all the way it dies, if you baby it, and go easy it will run ok until about half throttle, then after that it will  die as you start to push down more on the throttle for top speed.  Any ideas?  I appreciate anyone's help...
    • By DJ530
      A few pictures (so far) of the engine work - eventually I will share wiring info and other details (if anyone is interested?)  should anyone else ever need to swap an engine in one of these. The replacement engine is a Harbor freight $750 special 670cc,  (lawn mower/industrial type lump) with a few minor upgrades. Should have it back together soon, bolted in. The cold weather slows me down! 

• By BAER
      Have a lot of problems shifting gears on a hill, anyone have this problem 
    • By shak
      What is the Kawasaki engine model number for the side by sides listed below.  I had an older Ute with the 401cc Kawasaki FJ 400D, but it had a carburetor, and a flywheel magneto ignition system.
      This new 401cc engine with EFI, and electronic ignition looks like a big improvement over the old.  But, I can’t find the Kawasaki engine model number?
      Kawasaki 401 cc (24.47 cu. in.) single cylinder, 4-stroke, gas 
      Bore x Stroke: 3.23x2.99 in
      Compression Ratio: 8.6:1
      Maximum Torque: 21.4 lb-ft @ 2400 rpm
      Valve Train: Single-Cylinder OHV
      Engine Vibration: Internal Counter Rotating Balance Shaft
      Fuel System: Closed-loop electronic fuel injection
      Horsepower (KW): 13.5 hp
      Electrical System: Starter/Generator — Solid State Regulator
      (Note: Some versions/listings state: "Alternator Output (max)22.9 amp")
      Lubrication: Pressurized Oil System
      Oil Filter: Spin-On (Item#: 49065-7010)
      Cooling System:  Air Cooled
      Ignition System: Electronic Inductive Spark
      Air Cleaner: Replaceable Dry Cartridge (item #:  11013-7029)
      Utility vehicles/side by sides that use this engine:
      2021MULE SX™ 4x4 FI
      https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2021-mule-sx-4x4-fi?cm_re=MPP-_-PRODUCTTRIMLIST-_-VEHICLEDETAILS#
      2020 E-Z-GO Express™ S4 Elite Gas
      https://ezgo.txtsv.com/personal/express-s4
      Cushman Shuttle 4 EFI Gas
      https://cushman.txtsv.com/vehicles/shuttle-4
      Cushman Hauler 1200
      https://cushman.txtsv.com/vehicles/hauler-1200
    • By Mike Turner
      American SportWorks LM 650 won’t start at times. Starter won’t engage the solenoid just “clicks” much like a weak battery would cause. Battery was replaced and problem went away and then came back. Replaced positive battery terminal. Problem resolved then returned. Replaced negative battery terminal. Problem gone then returned. Replaced the positive and negative battery cable ends. Problem resolved and now returned. The repair lasts for maybe 12 starts, then the solenoid just “clicks” again as it will with a weak battery. So I replaced the ignition switch. Problem solved for a week. With each “fix” the problem is resolved but only temporarily. Does anyone have any suggestions ? To replace the starter is expensive especially if it’s not the problem.