Quantcast

2wpuller

Info on aftermarket shocks and springs.

Has anyone replaced the stock shocks and springs on their 2015 Dominator 800 X2 to ride alittle smoother are just changing the springs out.I gotten alittle spoiled riding in my son's rzr 1000xp.

My wife just made a comment why don't ride as smooth as our son's thing.lol

I'm 62 she's 61 the little rough ride doesn't really bother me. I drive a concrete mixer for a living. 

I really like the Odes it's pretty good power for for only 800cc

I took off the cat and the stock muffler. Put a glasspack with 2" inlet and outlet it has a good deep tone and not really very loud. I'll find out Sunday when we hit the woods .It's definitely more peppy. 

On 9/15/2020 at 6:03 PM, 2wpuller said:

Has anyone replaced the stock shocks and springs on their 2015 Dominator 800 X2 to ride alittle smoother are just changing the springs out.I gotten alittle spoiled riding in my son's rzr 1000xp.

My wife just made a comment why don't ride as smooth as our son's thing.lol

I'm 62 she's 61 the little rough ride doesn't really bother me. I drive a concrete mixer for a living. 

I really like the Odes it's pretty good power for for only 800cc

I took off the cat and the stock muffler. Put a glasspack with 2" inlet and outlet it has a good deep tone and not really very loud. I'll find out Sunday when we hit the woods .It's definitely more peppy. 

If you have the black end shocks with gold body and red spring those are rebuildable and revalveable, But with that said usually they are just low on nitrogen or don't have any nitrogen left in them.

I picked up a set of 4 rzr 800 shocks and springs  . We got front put on and wow what a difference. 2 of us pushing Down on the front bumper couldn't get it to give maybe a 1/2 "

The rzr springs are just like when I pressed down on my son's rzr 1000xp. 

I only lost 1/2" of ground clearance down to 12" my steering rack came in today .I'm making new mounts for a rzr rack. Mine broke last week. Broke the mounting tabs off the rack and the frame mounts bent. They were bent when I got the machine. I'm going with hiem joints also. Have extra parts from my son's rzr. We are adding 3 " to the wheel base by use 2018 Yamaha wolverine rear A  arm very little modifications to use them just my opinion. My soninlaw had a new set he has extra. 

20201011_153326.jpg

20201011_153053.jpg

20201011_153102.jpg

20201010_195054.jpg

• Like 1

Rear has 12.5 " of ground clearance now. Had to raise the bed up 3" to clear the shocks. Also moved the bed ram bottom mount to the rear by the back part of the frame. We put a new crossmember in replace of the original shock crossmember because we had to cut it to align the frame.I guess mine was made on a monday after the welder had a bad weekend. Lol the upper frame was out of square. The machine dog tracked bad. Didn't notice it when I bought it..  Soninlaw is a great body man very good at what he does. Still have to make the plate that bolts to the Aarm bushings bolts to hold them in 0place after alignment. 

Hopefully this week we'll get the Polaris steering rack and EPS on. The original brackets for the rack is bent up and twisted up. The new one definitely will be stronger..

20201017_115426.jpg

20201017_190412.jpg

20201017_190423.jpg

20201017_190449.jpg

20201017_202115.jpg

20201017_202832.jpg

This video was with the 2011 Polaris 800 s shocks 
We changed to the fox shocks after that .
It was dark when I took it for a ride tonight when we got done.it still smooth but feels like it has less body role with fox over the stock Polaris ones. The fox shocks were the same length as the Polaris ones.They came off a 700 2 seater wolverine than my soninlaw picked up for his wolverine but wouldn't work different years and his is a 4 seater. So I ended up with them. Have to have the 30" tire put on yet.
With the fox shock I have 12" front and back ground clearance.

I just picked up 5 used 30×10×14 Rockabillys 30% tread on the worst one for $150.00 for all.

20201115_181412.jpg