Quantcast

Joe in CO

2012 Hisun Strike 800 UTV No Start

Hello everyone.  I picked up a 2012 hisun strike 800 UTV.  Previous owner said that it overheated.  They were trying to drive it back to their vehicle and said it just stopped running.  He said he thought it was a blown head gasket.  They replaced fuel pump and looks like a new starter solenoid relay.   It does not have any antifreeze in the oil so don’t think its head gasket (I ordered new ones anyway). It turns over but not with a lot of juice.  (Kind of like an almost dead battery). I put in a new battery but still does the same thing.  Any thoughts?

I would do a compression check just to ease my mind.  The spark plug(s) can tell you about the conditon of the cylinders, too.  How does the engine turn over with the starter and with the plugs removed?  You could still have a blown head gasket.  There are three combinations:  Cylinder to coolant jacket, cylinder to oil passages, oil passage to coolant jacket.  Overheating can cause the head to warp just enough to blow the head gasket or distort the cylinder walls or cause the rings to seize up.  A weal starter can be the issue with slow turning of the engine (experienced that with my riding mower).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bentley76
      I am working on a ride for a friend of mine, it is a Gunner 250. Machine was parked last year because it wouldn't idle right. It would idle way up then back down to almost stalling so they parked it. His kid now wants to ride it again so we've gotten it out. First thing we did was drain old gas and re-fill. Changed filter and spark plug. It will start right up but immediately dies. Checked for fuel pressure it and it is good. You can spray starting fluid in fuel injection and it will do the same thing. Fires right up then dies. Anyone have a clue what this could be? I appreciate any help I can get! Thanks
    • By Savage
      Hi, 
      Does anyone have a free download link for this service manual? Thanks
    • By ANIL SEDALI
      Hi friends. I'm Anıl. I live in Turkey. I have a Hisun 700 UTV 2015 Models. My problem is : 
      inability to change gear after the engine has started. Before the engine starts, it can shift into all gears; but after running, I cannot change gear. At about 3000 km. Fuel injection model. Can anyone help on this topic? Thank you!
    • By cliffyk
      I acquired a Coleman UT400  just after Thanksgiving (2020) and find it to be quite different than most others seen on the web--the most visible difference is that the cylinder slants toward the rear placing the "hot spot" under the bed rather than under the seat (a significant improvement to my mind). THe curious prt of this is that neither Coleman nor  Hisun seem to acknowledge  this major design change. In fact the Owner's manual supplied with the vehicle appears tp haqve been written for a completely different unit--showing the ignition and light switches mounted in the dash (they are stalk mounted on the steering column on mine) and indicates that to change the spark plug requires removing the seat (the cylinder head and plug are under the bed on mine):

I wrote to Coleman and they sent me a what is supposed to be the most recent "UT400-5" manual which is still wrong about 90%+ of the vehicle. Neither the Coleman or Hisun websites are of any use as their content provides no photos and very little information about maintenance or the engine/drive train in general.
      Is anyone aware of when these changes were made, or of any sites offering info re: this latest mode?  Currently I'm battling shift cable adjustment to find better and more consistent reverse gear selection.
      Mine also differs in that the parking brake is a single caliper and disc mounted on the rear differential pinion shaft (this seems to be a "5 brake" configuration I have found reference to.
      Overall it seems well designed and manufactured--the chassis welds are as nice as you could ask for and the castings and  machining are top notch.
      Any information or suggestions as to where to look would be appreciated...
      TIA

• By Russshaw
      Hi, I think I just bought a Husun 450 that is in need of TLC. It is leaking badly from the shifter shaft (located at left foot). I can not find a part number for the seal(s) 3 came off of the shaft.

If anyone can help I would be extremely grateful 🙏 

• Similar Tagged Content

• By strike250
      View File Hisun Strike 250 Service Manual
      Here is a copy of the Hisun Strike Service Manual, it will also work for the Sector model
      Submitter strike250 Submitted 01/03/2021 Category Hisun  
    • By strike250
      Here is a copy of the Hisun Strike Service Manual, it will also work for the Sector model
    • By Steve Varao
      HI All,
      I have an 800cc Hisun fuel injected twin cylinder. Im trying to diagnose a no spark issue.  I had a bad crank sensor, replaced that and still got no spark and yes i doubled check the new one to make sure it was good.  Checked the both coil packs and they are both receiving power, also checked the resistance and both seem to be good.  It seems to me like the ECU is not sending the signal to the Coil packs.  Anyone have any idea how to test the ECU?  Any help or advice would be appreciated.  Thanks
    • By Quade
      This is my first UTV and it ran great the first 500 miles. Then it slowly got harder and harder to start. Now I have to keep giving it gas when I first start it for about 1 minute until it will idle by itself. This past weekend I took it on the trail and it died 15 minutes into the ride and lost all spark. I got towed home and tried to see if I had spark the next morning which I did and it started but died 10 minutes later. Anyone have any ideas what I should do or check? Anything would help thank you!
    • By Strike1000
      I just purchased a 2015 strike 1000 and it won't engage into 4wd, along with that the cooling fans will not turn off. They run as long as they have enough battery to run. Any advice on how to get either one of those issues solved? Thank you