Quantcast

Bebop86

2013 Cub volunteer leaking oil-

my volunteer with the Kohler 624 engine is leaking from the bottom- I think it is oil but not sure- since the whole bottom is a skid plate I can not see- it is not leaking from the filter or the oil pan so really not sure - Also very hard to start in cold weather takes forever even with choke on- I am assuming it is oil but any help would be appreciated thks

check your oil level on the dipstick, be sure it isn't overfull and smells like gasoline.

as far as the choke goes, if possible, remove the air filter so you can see the choke butterfly, put it on full choke and make sure the choke is fully closing, push on the butterfly  to see if you can close it even more.

It's highly unlikely that the two problems are related. I'd deal with finding the leak, by using some simple green, and a pressure wash.

You should be able to find the leak once you start it up. Unfortunately, you'll likely need to remove the skid plate to fix anything anyway. So you might start there. Personally, I'd try to look around first.

Identify fluids using color of course, as well as smell, feel, and even taste. While it isn't pleasant, one drop won't kill you. You absolutely need to know exactly what's leaking. 

The hard starting will need more information. But assuming that it's cranking good. Just not starting. I'd check for weak spark based on the description. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By margrabia
      Hi all.
      Some time ago I've purchased a 2006 Cub Cadet Volunteer 4x4 through an auction. I have just found this forum and hope you can help me or give me some ideas.
      The problem here is that it was a non-runner with an "engine issue". There was some small wiring issue which I already fixed and started the engine (CAT/Perkins). To my surprise it didn't move after I put it in gear. After doing a small investigation I realised somebody took out whole CVT transmission and it lacks few gears and shafts in the transfer case. I called the dealer for a quote and the total cost of repairing it by myself on new parts makes it financially pointless.
      Hence the question: do you think it's possible to swap the CVT and transfer case from some other UTV/vehicle? Or should I just scrap it/sell it for parts? I've been looking for an used transfer case but didn't find anything in US nor in EU.
    • By Hisunsadman
      Last October we were sitting at an idle on a Sunday morning and it died for the first time since we time since we bought it new I've already sent it to the shop because it's under warranty after trying to fix it. New fuel injector new spark plug couldn't do a compression check because I couldn't find anything to fit it but now that it's at the shop I have a feeling that the exhaust valves tighten themselves up and they are not closing anybody ever have this problem?
    • By Travis
      View File Kawasaki Mule 550,520,500 Engine repair manual
      This file contains all specifications,troubleshooting and repair procedures for the FE290D  (9.5H.P,286cc) engine used in the  Mule 500,520 and 550 models.
      Topics covered include,  general information, service data, disassembly, reassembly,inspection of parts and maintenance.
      Notes:
      Make sure you're reading the correct information as this manual covers multiple FE series engine, some of which were not used in Mules, the manual does a very good job of clarifying which specifications and procedures are for which Model engine.

Submitter Travis Submitted 01/13/2021 Category Kawasaki  
    • By Russshaw
      Hi, I think I just bought a Husun 450 that is in need of TLC. It is leaking badly from the shifter shaft (located at left foot). I can not find a part number for the seal(s) 3 came off of the shaft.

If anyone can help I would be extremely grateful 🙏 

• By Rustynutzz
      I was wondering if anyone has plated one of these machines in any state.  I'm in FL and am going to try to plate my T-Boss 550x Golf.  Talked to a State Trooper who said it's absolutely plateable the way it sits and also talked to my insurance company and they said the same.  I'm not sure what they will consider this type of machine, a golf cart or low speed vehicle.  Their are different stipulations for both.  I'll keep this thread updated once I get an inspection.

just get it