Quantcast

2011 Yamaha Rhino battery drain and stalling

Morning, I just purchased a 2011 rhino and I got a massive battery drain coming from the backup fuse. 200Ma!

I have a "juice box" ecu and I tried to find reviews on it as I also have a stalling issue when I get to a sudden stop and other forums seems to say it would be a crappy ECU.

Not sure if I have a bad ecu that does both issues or if they are unrelated problems.

Wondering if anyone here had an idea where I should poke at first. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it

Thanks!

• Alex changed the title to 2011 Yamaha Rhino battery drain and stalling

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JeraldWTulsa
      Can someone tell me why the price of 8 volt batteries are high.? You can buy 12 volt trolling motor batteries for half the price of Golf Cart batteries. Also why do they use 8volt  instead of 12 volt? Can you just replace six 8 volt with 4 12 volt ?
    • By David Trost
      My MSU500 passenger seat goes in easily, but I can't get the driver's side seat to latch.   It has plastic projections in the back of the seat, and a latch pin in the front.   I can't get the plastic parts under the seat "holding rods" and get the latch pin in.    Driving me crazy!    The seat is unstable and dangerous.   Anybody have this problem and/or a solution?    Thanks!
    • By Sgriger534
      I have a MSU 500 and sometimes it acts sluggish in 4x4 and you can smell hot gear oil. 
      I'm Thinking it is something binding up the the transfer case or front differential but before I dig into it I wanted to see if anybody had a similar problem.

Thanks, 
    • By Regretting my choices
      Hello.  I purchased this unit as a "non runner" with the intent of using the frame to build a go-cart, but once I got it home it seemed way to good to part out.  The motor cranks over, and I have spark, but no fuel.  If I put a little fuel in the cylinder it fires up until that fuel is burnt, then of course it dies.  The fuel pump is not running and I have removed the plug and there is no power going to it.  I have checked the safety switch on the brake pedal and its fine, I have checked the fuses, all good, but am not sure where to go from here. The shifter is missing on the unit, but the indicator light on the dash shows its in neutral, and the e-brake indicator switch is working as well.  I am thinking of jumping power to the fuel pump next to see if it runs and if the motor will start.
      What am I missing?  What can stop the fuel pump from getting power to it?

• By Alex
      View File 2011 Polaris Ranger RZR SW Service Manual
      2011 Polaris Ranger RZR SW Service Manual
      Submitter Alex Submitted 01/03/2021 Category Polaris  
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By JeraldWTulsa
      Can someone tell me why the price of 8 volt batteries are high.? You can buy 12 volt trolling motor batteries for half the price of Golf Cart batteries. Also why do they use 8volt  instead of 12 volt? Can you just replace six 8 volt with 4 12 volt ?
    • By McMURDY
      Just joined this forum. I am a new owner of a used 2016 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 Crew. I bought it from a friend's wife after my friend suddenly passed away this Summer. We hadn't run it much since when he passed in July and I used it to do some light plowing on my driveway last month and a handful of times during hunting season. Then, we got blasted with bitter cold and 2 feet of snow last week and it wouldn't start. I assumed the battery was low (from JUN 2018) and put another lawn and garden battery on I had which was relatively new and unused. It runs a plow and a front and rear LED light too. It started right up with the new battery, but when my wife plowed with it for 10-15 minutes, it ran dead. It has 250 CCA (the previous one had 350 CCA). Not knowing any better, I jumped it with my car running and let that charge it for 1/2 hour but got the same thing....a few swipes with the plow and it was dead again. I left it on the charger overnight, hoping that will give it a full charge and that will take care of the problem but I don't want to find out it doesn't work when another storm comes. Should I get a new battery? What do you guys recommend that will run the motor, the plow and the extra lights and do you charge it often during cold weather? Wish my friend was around to ask him what he did but he's gone and I'm new at this.  Thanks!
    • By wrfpd2
      hi folks, I'm kinda new to these machines & am a new member. My question  is this thing isn't charging the battery. When I run it it will last about 30 min then dies. Any ideas anybody? I ordered a new  rectifier but it hasn't arrived yet 
    • By paraord
      Hi all, I am looking at putting in a dual battery setup to my 2015 Mule 4010. Anyone put one of these in before? Most of the research has pointed me to the True Am kit. Didnt know if anyone had done this or had a battery strap down tray they recommend or anything.  Between the Winch and the Stereo...and upcoming lights I want to be able to make sure it always starts.

Thanks in advance,
      -Andrew
    • By Wilkie
      Hello all,  I have a yamaha rhino 660 with 156 hours on it. Just acquired it. It has anedelbrock carb and aftermarket exhaust. Anyone know how to adjust an edelbrock? Also, machine smokes like crazy. White smoke. So i need to get the carb sorted out and then see if its a bead gasket r valve guides causing the smoke I cannot find u h info online about the carb so any help is
      muCh appreciated.