Quantcast

New Member from SW Florida and Western North Caroina

barnone

Hello,

I am a new member who winters in South West Florida (Fort Myers) and spends the summer in the mountains of Western North Caroina (Robbinsvile).

I have a Kawasaki Mule 550 that I use as a do all vehicle out at a small ranch we have here in Florida. When I bought it years ago, I figured that it would just be a toy but boy was I wrong. It has over 600 hours on it and still going strong.

Mule.jpg

I also have a Land Pride Treker UTV model 4220ST which I use in the mountains of NC. It's great for chores and riding the logging roads.

Treker.jpg

My latest addition is a mini jeep (XY XUV-4)that I imported from China. It's going to NC in the spring and I am going to attempt to

register it as a Low Speed Vehicle so the I can drive it to town. It's 4x4 with locking, 500cc CVT H,L,N,R, winch, lights, windshield, wiper, etc and even a fm/mp3.

vinceUTV1.jpg

Looking for UTV rallies in FL or NC.

Vince

• 1 year later...

It has a CVT which is like a gearless automatic. The engine and transmission is a Cfmoto 188 500cc.

See http://www.cfmoto-us.com/html/Product_item...lassname=Engine

The CVT uses a belt and the rest of the power transmission is via shaft and gears.

More info on the mini jeep is at

http://www.ytkart.com/sdp/237367/4/pd-1043...264-523224.html

Have you had good luck with CFMOTO engines. I'm looking into a BMX 500cc UTV either a 2-seater or 4 seater just wondering on this.

I found the UTV on http://www.bestpriceatv.com

Dawn

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By W B
      Is there a member list available and can you send pm's?
    • By Werhat
      Hi folks,
      I have a Mule 550 (FE290D engine) that sat for several years and would not start.  A few years ago I replaced the fuel filter and carburetor, at which point it started right up and developed full power.  More recently, I've changed the air filter, fuel pump, ignition coil (gapped to spec), and spark plug, and adjusted the valves.  The engine still has a lope/surge at part throttle and at idle.  Rather than idling at a stable speed, it speeds up and slows down until it quits.  It snaps to life right away if I open the throttle, so I don't think it's starved of fuel.  I can always get it to restart immediately if I choke it while cranking, then it will die after several seconds again.  It takes some cranking to start hot when not choked.  I've tried adjusting the idle mixture, but no setting seems to make it stable.  It won't idle at all with the throttle fully closed; I have to turn the stop screw to hold it slightly open.
      I suspect it's getting idle air, since the passages are open, but that the idle jet isn't providing adequate fuel, such that I am having to hold the throttle open and idle it off the main jet which isn't stable.  This is just speculation.  I've cleaned the idle jet and tried a larger size, but it made zero difference.  The carburetor seems to be clean.  It's been doing this since I installed the new carb.  The gas tank seems to be clean, although it's hard to see inside.
      I posted a video of what it's doing:
      What's next?  Try another carburetor?
      Thanks.

• By Tejun
      Back in February, we decided to buy a new Honda Pioneer 1000. Took a bit to find one but finally scooped one up from a dealer about 2 hrs away. Once we got it home, I had plans to clean up the Coleman and sell it. Well, got it all cleaned up and posted it on FB Marketplace and had a few folks very interested with my asking price higher than what I'd paid for it. I'd always go through all the issues I had with it when talking to a perspective buyer and I'd get that look that tells you they might be a bit hesitant. The thing is, these are mechanical machines. They have quirks and things you learn and know about as you own it. Nothing I've had happen to the Coleman gives me concern so far. Ultimately, one guy was very interested but wanted me to come down on pricing...... Wife and I talked about it and decided to just keep it. I certainly could not find another SxS that has been maintained like this one if I decided to get another one so I use the Coleman and my wife drives the Honda
      Its now been about 1.5 yrs since I purchased this SxS. If you look back at some of my posts, I had a few issues with running rough when I first got it. Since then, I've changed the injector, all fuel lines and added a 10 micron inline fuel filter. Put about 320 or so miles on it after all that. I've done 2 oil changes (using Royal Purple synthetic) and have pretty much followed all the maintenance guidelines, including cleaning and inspecting the muffler baffle. One thing that was persistent was it would start right up first thing in the morning and  when it would cycle through the startup diagnostic checks, it would start to idle rough and even die some of the time. It would start right up and be ok, but that would be the norm for first start in morning. Several months ago,  I met the owner of a company called Motor Purr located here in Hemphill. One of his products is a  Gas & Diesel Fuel Injector cleaner. The owner asked if I'd like to try some of his product so I got a few bottles and started to add it to my gas when fueling up. Its been about 3 weeks since I added it to a fresh tank of fuel, and it has really started to idle better (even better than it had been) and that stutter/die problem on first startup has completely gone away. I'm going to continue using the additive and monitoring performance of the Coleman and see how things go. I currently have 650 miles on it, 98% of those miles have been right here on my property. I don't abuse it, or go mud riding like some folks. 

• By MichaelAMangine
      I have a 2020 PRO FXT LE that we primarily drive on the blacktop roads of our community and currently the unit has 2,400 miles on it. We use it like a golf cart. The factory tires in the front have worn pretty bad due to riding it in the street so my plan is to change them  out to a DOT street tire. Do I have to change all 4 tires or can I just replace the fronts and keep the factory tires in the back? The rear tires are in great shape but didn’t know if I would notice a difference in ride having two factory tires in the back and two street tires in the front.
      Thank you.
    • eManualOnline
    • By Val in southern NM
      Brand new UTV owner.  I've been driving a Polaris Sportsman 500 for a few years.  We bought a Coleman Outfitter 400 a week ago today, and still trying to figure it out.  Would really like to find a repair manual for it, if anybody can point me in the right direction.  Our ATV/UTV are primarily to make life easier for us on our small horse place, but now that we have a SXS, we look forward to exploring some of the smaller back roads together.  My husband is the mechanic of the family, and found that a repair manual REALLY helped after we bought the VERY well used Polaris a few years ago.
      We have the owner's manual, but the nearest place that might provide warranty work/repairs is a two hour drive from here, best we can figure out, so an actual repair/service manual will be really helpful, especially once the warranty is up.
  • Gallery Images