Quantcast

Oil pressure issues

ERV JR

I unloaded and washed the trooper today. I store it at a friends , and noticed while backing it in the oil light was on dim and the gauge read really low.

its in a tight area and could not get around it well to check it out. I did notice that the oil pressure sending unit is warpped in foil, I wonder if for some reason getting it wet coulc cause a problem ? I will look into it during the day, check oil level, maybe change the filter incase it internally came apart, and as a last resort check oil pressure with a mech gauge.

Has anyone heard of oil pressure issues ?

I have the opposite issue, my gauge is pinned full pressure as soon as it comes off idle but while idling it is at normal pressure just vibrates a lot. i assume the sender unit is cheap or doesn't take to mud and water well I'm not overly concerned with mine. if yours is consistently low or doesnt act funny i would check it with a mechanical gauge just to be safe.

sorry not much help.

How low are you talking ? enough to turn on the light ? its on really dim, its alot brighter with key on engine off. I hope its an issure with water trapped in the foil cover but really dont see how . I guess I should change the oil and filter and see what happens. I hope its not an internal problem

I have the opposite issue, my gauge is pinned full pressure as soon as it comes off idle but while idling it is at normal pressure just vibrates a lot. i assume the sender unit is cheap or doesn't take to mud and water well I'm not overly concerned with mine. if yours is consistently low or doesnt act funny i would check it with a mechanical gauge just to be safe.

sorry not much help.

It was never reading this low before. I was thinking and I think that there may be a oil pressure switch for the light and the sending unit for the gauge, but maybe not since there to wires to the sending unit. I burnt my hand on the headder trying to check it ao I will get to it on sunday or next week

i had this problem the first time i took my buggy out...checked the 2 wires on the sending unit. Noticed the white press on terminal plug seemed kinda loose. Took the terminal plug off and used a screwdriver to press the ends of the terminals tighter so it would hold better when placed back on the prong....Havent had a problem since and yeah the headers will get you every time. My oil pressure gauge bottomed out but the light never came on. Hope that helps some.