Quantcast

2011 EFI shuts off after running for a few mins then hard to start

Zero

So i have a 2011 EFI 700. the SxS will crank right up everytime without any issues. If i let it run or ride it for about 10 mins it will shut off and then it may turn on if i am lucky but most time i have to let it sit for like 3 hours and then it will run again. i have done the following

-New fuel filter

-New injector

-New spark plug

-New coil pack and plug wire

-New air filter

Also could i get a grizzly 660 engine and put in it or would it not work.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By John Hall
      The hub safety switch on my ranger melted and I want to bypass this if possible as replacements are hard to find and expensive. Has anyone done this if so how?
    • By Ric Silveira
      2021 coleman outfitter 400 31 hours on it and my directional lights don't flash, they come on any you can see barely flashing.
      All bulbs are working.
      Is there a flasher somewhere? Help like them to work same happens when I put on 4 ways barely see it flashing
      Thanks all happy holidays 
    • By markus
      Can the bulb be replaced?? the unit costs around 80$. 
      The four wheel drive works sometimes . Do the front and rear differentials have to be locked in together? I can hear the rear one lock in when I hit the switch Not the front or the 4 weel drive.

• By Sam I am
      I'm trying to find a hard roof for my 2010 hisun strike 800 utv. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get one?
    • eManualOnline
    • By stankholio
      I'm hoping someone can help me out on this one before I pull out what's left of my hair. I bought a 2012 EFI MSU700 about a month ago and was told that "it floods out sometimes, and needs a fuel pump".
      Here is where I am with it...
      The machine will start MOST of the time. I have had it not want to start a couple times. It would just crank and crank but not fire. The machine idles fine, and in low gear drives fine but every now and then it will hesitate and almost feel like it is surging and sometimes it will sometimes backfire. In high gear it will drive fine but at around 25mph it starts to hesitate and bog down and backfire. I do have my seatbelt on as I have heard that can trigger a limp mode.
      After running for just a few minutes, the exhaust headers will be glowing red. This is what baffles me as if it is a lean condition and starving for fuel, but the spark plug when I have checked it has been black.

It will smoke on startup and during acceleration and seems to get better after the engine warms up. I'm not sure if it actually gets better after it warms up, or the oil is burning off enough to make it not smoke as bad. The machine does not seem to smoke during idle or very slow acceleration.
      The dipstick verifies that I am burning oil also. I am thinking this may be a ring issue? I did not see any signs of oil in the airbox.

When I replaced the fuel injector and had the fuel line disconnected, I turned the key on and off several times and it seemed as though I had a good amount of fuel coming out of the fuel line. It would "prime" for 4-5 seconds and then stop. The fuel also looked/smelled to be OK.
      I have replaced the fuel injector, the spark plug, and changed the oil and filter and it has made no difference. I have not replaced the air filter as it seems to be fairly clean. I didn't notice any visible cracks on the intake boots, but I also have not removed them to examine them all the way.

Is it possible that the fuel pump actually is an issue and starving the engine for fuel, leaning it out, but the fact that its burning oil is making the plugs black? Is it running rich and dumping excess fuel into the exhaust? Is this an exhaust valve stuck open? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I would prefer to approach this with a plan instead of just throwing parts at it
      Thank you!

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Tombo
      How can i Disconnect Hisun 700 2017 UTV  40 km/h speed limiter ? Preferably with a switch. 

• By ANIL SEDALI
      Hi friends. I'm Anıl. I live in Turkey. I have a Hisun 700 UTV 2015 Models. My problem is : 
      inability to change gear after the engine has started. Before the engine starts, it can shift into all gears; but after running, I cannot change gear. At about 3000 km. Fuel injection model. Can anyone help on this topic? Thank you!
    • By albert schewe
      my name is albert i have in my shop a hs700utv that im getting no fire to coil i replaced the cdi  and checked the relays and ignition switch out getting power to the cdi but nothing to coil and i didn't find any broken wires. they said that it was running fine and then it just stopped and  wasn't getting any power to the coil  is their another sensor on here that will stop it from firing  i have looked at a wiring diagram but im not seeing  anything different from what i know  i checked the cdi and im getting fire to it but not to coil and this is a second coil no difference  and also this is a delphi cdi 2 port is their any way to check it i know im getting power to the black  plug in cdi  on the # 10 the green and black wire but nothing else the blue and black wire is opposite of it the emergency brake and neutral switch is working  is their a obd II plug for this i found one in back of pickup bed but i cant find a scanner but im not sure if it is one  and im getting power to the stator the threee wires  im at a lost here 
    • By Julie Doeppke
      We bought a Hisun 700 UTV, used. It has an issue when you run it in high. It drives but acts like it is shifting when you get around 35mph. Clutch looks good. Read many articles and not sure transmission or something in rear of UTV. Looking for any advice.     
    • By Lucas Lenartowicz
      We just got a used Hisun utv which burns oil like crazy and needs a diff seal. I'm having a hard time finding parts so far so I was wondering whether two models were the same. Our model is Supermach 700U 2008. Many times the Hisun HS700 shows up when looking for parts. So are the parts between these two models the same? Are the essentially same with different stickers on it? 
      Thanks 
      Lucas
  • Gallery Images