Quantcast

Kinarfi

Need 12 volts and a Ground

2884982000104282158JarVNk_th.jpg

Here's where to tie into the wiring for 12 volts, battery power, always on, it's the red wire on this plug and the ground is soldered to one of the steel tabs that are all over our rigs, a screw would work also. I'm into a project the need the switched power, on with the key, and when I find it, I'll photo and post it.

Kinarfi

Hi Kinarfi,

Thank you for the input.

I was at Joyner in Tempe yesterday to get the new rear drive line installed. I spent a day trying to get the front half of the drive shaft off the transmission and finally gave up. It was a REAL struggle for them also. To put the new shaft in they had to loosen the rear differential. It was something I never could have done. It took an air torque wrench to get the thing loose.

While there I found out about a power source for my GPS and it is as you suggested the red wire off the ignition switch.

While there I met an engineer that's now working with Joyner to improve their cars. I sent him the URL for this board telling him there's a lot of good information here. I also met John the owner of Joyner. He gave me some brochures to take with me to the Outlaw ATV Jamboree in Eagar Arizona. I will be working at the Jamboree helping with the field events.

Thanks again for your help!

Gumball

Hello Kinarfi,

Thank you very much for the picture. I'm sure it's something others can use considering all the things we like to add to our machines.

All I need now is a Lowrance Globalmap 540c to add to my Trooper.

Gumball

Don't need no stinkin GPS! Never get lost! LOL!

I will be adding a 12V cig. outlet for a portable airpump.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Hi Kinarfi,

Thank you for the input.

I was at Joyner in Tempe yesterday to get the new rear drive line installed. I spent a day trying to get the front half of the drive shaft off the transmission and finally gave up. It was a REAL struggle for them also. To put the new shaft in they had to loosen the rear differential. It was something I never could have done. It took an air torque wrench to get the thing loose.

While there I found out about a power source for my GPS and it is as you suggested the red wire off the ignition switch.

While there I met an engineer that's now working with Joyner to improve their cars. I sent him the URL for this board telling him there's a lot of good information here. I also met John the owner of Joyner. He gave me some brochures to take with me to the Outlaw ATV Jamboree in Eagar Arizona. I will be working at the Jamboree helping with the field events.

Thanks again for your help!

Gumball

Did they charge you to remove/install the new driveline? How did they get it out?

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Don't need no stinkin GPS! Never get lost! LOL!

I will be adding a 12V cig. outlet for a portable airpump.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Never get lost! LOL! - That's no FUN!!!!!

You need to get out, not more, but further, like into Utah :D , and go places where you can get lost and do some exploring. I love to go see what I've never seen before, love my GPS too, but then again, I'm a gadget person.

Kinarfi

Hay, I am like Tim Allen of Tool Time. I trust my iron buggers. There was an episode where he got lost in his '55 Nomad and his wife wanted him to ask of directions. He wouldn't because he said his Nose Buggers were made of Iron and always pointed him North. How could I ever get lost?

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Hay, I am like Tim Allen of Tool Time. I trust my iron buggers. There was an episode where he got lost in his '55 Nomad and his wife wanted him to ask of directions. He wouldn't because he said his Nose Buggers were made of Iron and always pointed him North. How could I ever get lost?

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Just keep trying, sooner or later, you'll succeed :lol: If necessary, use more power!!!!!!!