Quantcast

2020 Coleman 550 -No electrical activity under 50 degrees.

dwall662

My  problem is that when the temperature dips under 50 degrees, my Coleman 550 acts like the battery is dead and no electrical activity at all. The battery is at full charge. It only has 15 hours on it and the same thing happened last winter. Above 50 degrees, starts every time.  Very frustrating needless to say.  Anyone else experience this problem.  I bought it at Tractor supply and they are not a service center and don't know who works on them in the area.

• Same problem on my 2015 Sector 550. Full charge in battery.  No dash lights, no horn, no start, no nothing. I thoroughly cleaned every connection at the battery. The bat compartment looked new when I was done. SAME problem. NO change.
  • So I used a known GOOD fuse/relay unit. Same problem. NO change.
  • I even attempted a jump start from a running vehicle. Same problem. No change.
  • So I took it to a real Hisun mechanic who replaced the battery and it started right up. (I couldve sworn I did a LOAD test on my battery. I must've been wrong.
  • I NOW keep the UTV S/S on a trickle starter each time I park it.

This unit only had 300 miles on it when I bought it from a friend who didn't use it much. I'm learning as I go. Good luck.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well thanks all for the advice---I put a  brand new battery in and still the same problem. The weather has gotten warmer and it will start above 50 degree's every time. Last weekend it drop into the 20's and it would not even get the dash to lights to come on . 2 days later, dash lights up and it started. Guess what temperature it was?  52 degrees. Craziest thing anyone has ever seen.  

I am a retired Diesel Mec.  First thing I did when I got my 2016 mule home was to take apart every connection I could find and added Dielectric Grease.  I took every ground I could find, cleaned the metal surface, coated with dielectric grease.  I have taken the mule through 3 ft of water with no issues.  Recommendation is check all powers and grounds.  Alot of issues come from bad grounds.  Also, check the power connection to the fuse block for corrosion and tightness.  Check the connection to the ignition switch for corrosion and the connections for tightness.  This is always my starting point with these UTV/ATV's.

• 8 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By aefron88
      View File Hisun HS400/Coleman UT400 Parts Diagrams
      Compiled document with parts diagrams for Hisun HS400/Coleman UT400 for help in repairs where the service manual diagrams are poor or non existent.
      Submitter aefron88 Submitted 04/15/2024 Category Hisun  
    • By Nypto
      I just bought a new Hisun 750 sxs. I drove one mile and it just died. No power at all. Battery is 12.8v. Found no blown fuses. No power to the panel, no nothing. Problem for me is I bought 160 acres near big bend. Trying to build a house. Got blown up in 'Nam . Can't walk much. Scared I'm way out and it fails again. I heard something  about a brake switch,  but I have no idea where it might be.
    • By buckrub
      Hey guys! Newbie here. I'm an old man who's better with plowing a mule (4-legged kind) than these newfangled beasts. I, and a friend of mine, just bought new Coleman sxs and are having to finish the assembly. I've been reading on this site and I'm falling on the mercy of you experts. The only way I'm an expert is that an "ex" is a has been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure. LOL First off, the 2 buggies have no ignition switches. They seem to mount on the dash, not the opening in the steering wheel shaft cover, so we ordered new ones that are supposed to fit. They are 8 inches long, and have a 4-wired white plugin which is slightly rectangled when looking at the end of the plug. The trouble is there's nothing to plug into. There is a three-wire grey plug close enough to reach the four-wire plug, but of course, they are not compatible. 
      Secondly, the blinker, light, ect. unit on steering wheel just spins around when touched. I see no way in heaven or earth to secure it. I've looked at a diagram on the Powersports site, but can't detect how it mounted. Fellows I'd be so grateful for any help with this. Me and my mule will even plow your garden for free, for your help. LOL 

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By moonrover
      Mine is overheated/burned/melt at connection with its wire connector, parts are ordered to replace both them.  This seems to be a common issue, and some of you already replaced it. I right now just connect the wires, so the fan runs  all the time whenever the initiation is on, but it's better let fan runs as needed with a working temperature sensor/switch. 
      Question: Does some coolant come out by removing the switch/sensor from radiator?  Or, is the threaded hole all the way inside radiator?   If the answer is yes,  I want to drain or extract  some coolant to make its level below the sensor before replacing it, so I don't make a mess with coolant spilled out 
      Thank you.