Quantcast

2022 Massimo Buck 450 First Oil Change Tips Needed

Bill Hughes

16 hours ago, Bill Hughes said:

Simply not true.. Just yesterday massimo shipped me a complete new windshield at no charge as a warranty replacement because the lower piece bowed a bit and didn't seal against the upper. I called on Monday. The tech called back yesterday and I sent a photo. Windshield shipped same day along with a side net latch . No charge. 

So you make a lot of statements you don't seem to be able to back up.  Such as finding hundreds of new Honda utv s when no one else can find one and claiming Massimo doesn't honor their warranty when clearly they have been nothing but top notch in my recent exchanges with customer support. . If you don't like your machine, dump it. Why are you wasting your time on this forum whining in other owners ears? 

WOW!!!!   clearly you are a liberal democrat.. Truth means absolutely nothing to you.. Or is it you actually work for Massimo and are desperately trying to counter the horrendous reviews on every website on the planet? .. Find me all these satisfied Massimo and Hisun owners on here... NAME THEM.. you talk nothing but bulchit..  Why are you here if yours is so great?  Clearly you dont need help on such a FABULOUS machine ?  Let me guess, you dont really have one of your own, just the company demo? .. You dont like my opinion, dont read my posts or block me... I wont be cancelled by a rabid leftist bully wannabe .  I have nothing further , dont bother me, I wont respond 

1 hour ago, Bill Hughes said:

Kubota announced the transfer of all parts manufacturing to China in 2013. 

As I stated earlier every manufacturer has an interest in China, the old Massimo units were a Hisun the more recent are a Linhai, again a Yamaha brand and the only difference is the sticker they put on it because they all come out of the same plant. The Coleman units also come from there but are specifically designed to a lower grade for price as Tractor Supply orders  thousands of units a year and orders them that way.  People don’t understand the logistics of how these are ordered with specific design parameters  for each distributor.  It’s not the Chinese but the US company that set standard of what they want to sell and at what price point.

8 minutes ago, Joe Breaux said:

Linhai is not  YAMAHA.. read their website. They "engage in joint ventures with Yamaha"   but they are not Yamaha owned . Which still brings us back to most of ours have HISUN engines which Massimo rep admitted ARE JUNK and thats why they switched to Linhai.  Just sayin 

No Chinese vendor is a US or Japanese brand. No US company or Japanese company is allowed by the Chinese government to own a Chinese business. None of us have any insight into how the components are specified and manufactured so trying to say who is doing what with parts manufacturers or which is better or worse at any given time is pure speculation. 

43 minutes ago, Lippert Powersports said:

As I stated earlier every manufacturer has an interest in China, the old Massimo units were a Hisun the more recent are a Linhai, again a Yamaha brand and the only difference is the sticker they put on it because they all come out of the same plant. The Coleman units also come from there but are specifically designed to a lower grade for price as Tractor Supply orders  thousands of units a year and orders them that way.  People don’t understand the logistics of how these are ordered with specific design parameters  for each distributor.  It’s not the Chinese but the US company that set standard of what they want to sell and at what price point.

I see your point and agree with much of what you are saying, minus this:  

"It’s not the Chinese but the US company that set standard of what they want to sell and at what price point."

The quality and quality control process of the engine production is NOT the responsibility or result of Tractor Supply.  Quality belongs with the manufacturer and the factory producing the unit.  Logistics and pricing pattern has nothing to do with that.  Hisun owns this eff up.  Not Tractor Supply.  Where TS effed up was not backing a product that they endorsed.  At the very minimum, my expectation of TS was a replacement, store credit or money back. My expectation of Coleman / Hisun was a warranty worth more than a pile of bovine excrement.

CC 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Turkey 20k said:

My Massimo 500 is Hisun. Is it crap or fairly good quality?  

Hisun is definitely crap.. Even Massimo admitted to me they are crap on the phone.. Thats why they dumped HISUN and refused to honor  any warrenty.. They switched to LINHAI engines..  Mine  was junk til I swapped out a bunch of parts with YAMAHA RHINO parts after 6 times in the shop  . All at my expense .... .. now its a decent, not spectacular, but decent machine .. BEWARE  of the dreaded HISUN overheating .. cooling fan setting is way too high.., engine will run near 250*  and self destruct

Edited by Joe Breaux
experience