Quantcast

ChrisG

Winch remote

Has anyone considered making a remote for their winch? My 6 and 3 year olds work for now, but I know one day I'll be by myself and want controls in the front. I figured you electrical guys might have some good input!

Princess auto has wireless winch remotes on for sale right now $70 or so. I am considering grabbing one.

You might want to consider just buying a new winch. I have ordered several from Rocky Mountain ATV, I don't know what kind of riding you do but for me the factory 2500# is very weak. you can get a 3000# or a 4000# Warn and the new ones are waterproof. You can get wired or wireless remotes for them and they are quiet and they will last a very long time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Robbie Wyre
      I'm working on a 2005 Cub Cadet side by side and I'm trying to remove the front two axles.  I have a slide hammer puller on the inner joint and with all my strength they will not budge.   Anyone have the same issues and is there something I'm missing or a trick of some sort to pull these out?   Any suggestions please and thank you.
    • By MountainBeast
      New Owner here. Working on adding some new lighting and want to use Factory Electrical connectors instead of cutting wires and risking failures later. I have a set  of whip antenna that include taillight functions and wanted to use the trailer plug at the back of the utv provide signal and power. Unfortunately, finding the factory plugs for trailer wiring is a bit difficult.
      Are there any sources available on here for ordering such parts? I know that there are a lot of plugs unused and capped with terminators so they are prepared for accessories just finding them is another story.

• By Travis
      My uncle has a Warn winch he used to have On his gas Yamaha golf cart, he said I could have it if I wanted it, I'm just not quite sure how to hook it up, wiring wise.
      I have no other electrical accessories that are tasking the alternator (15 amp)
      And I can still buy the OEM winch mount or fabricate one myself.
      The mule has 2 electrical accessories hook ups, but it's a fairly small wire, not sure if could handle the load..  I even though about welding up a plate as there is plenty of room to mount another battery for the winch only either under the bed or under the front dash/firewall. And using a deep cycle battery and keep it on a tender.
      A winch would come in handy for moving larger limbs or stumps  or sections of a tree when I'm by myself.
      Any info how to proceed is appreciated.
      As most of you know, Mule 550, ksf300-c5.
    • By Andreas Ahrens
      Hi All,
      Our Hisun is not making any power. Once you start to climb RPM's it almost sounds like the timing is out, it sputters and farts and doesn't want to climb RPM's at all. It starts fine though.
      I checked and set the valves, they were a bit tight but not bad. The spark plug is very black. The exhaust valves are a real nightmare to get to fyi.
      On the last service the dealer put the wrong plug in, so I'm switching that back to stock as soon as we get one. I'm also thinking the air filter should be checked/cleaned. 
      Any other things to check?
    • By Chris Watts
      So im attatching a couple of pictures and wanted to see if this indicates that my kids msu500 is actually a 2014. Thanks in advanced.