Quantcast

ChrisG

Winch remote

Has anyone considered making a remote for their winch? My 6 and 3 year olds work for now, but I know one day I'll be by myself and want controls in the front. I figured you electrical guys might have some good input!

You might want to consider just buying a new winch. I have ordered several from Rocky Mountain ATV, I don't know what kind of riding you do but for me the factory 2500# is very weak. you can get a 3000# or a 4000# Warn and the new ones are waterproof. You can get wired or wireless remotes for them and they are quiet and they will last a very long time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Polaris RZR 1000 front differential output hubs!

Brand New set of front differential output hubs for 2017 Polaris RZR 1000 front differential.  Been sitting around for six months...never been installed!  I have the box from Polaris that they came in.  Part #3235965 ...I'll take $350.  

By Ryan Shorter, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies
    • A Stubborn Mule: Mule 2500, electrical and other questions

HI! Thanks for the forum. I am currently installing a turn signal and horn kit on a Mule 2500 that was gifted to the local ranch owner. His health is not so great, and other than a car, he has no other way to get into town. The driveway is a mile long...  Attached are some photos. The prior owner disconnected the parking brake light grounding/indicator cable. I fixed it and reconnected it (shown in photo). Following the wiring harness, there is a 6-pin block (see second photo) up front, nothing plugged into it. I have what I think, is a fairly accurate wiring diagram. Problems: I cannot find the VIN anywhere on the vehicle. I have no paperwork on it and neither does the owner. We know who owned it previously but he doesn't have paperwork on it either. I have looked NUMEROUS places, and googled it. I do not know the year. There does not seem to be any indicator light for the parking brake. I think the light was physically removed from the dash (see third photo). What parts are missing? What are they named/part numbers if you have them? What I have done so far: Fixed the parking brake switch Fixed the brake lights, the wiring in the back was pulled out, cut, a mess. (fixed) Added a third center high brake light, tying it to the wiring harness. Positioned just below the air intake. (added) Added bright red LED strip lights, at the inner side of the rear downtubes, to be used later for the turn signal indicators. Ready to order a $15 steering column strap-on switch for hazards and turn signals. Image descriptions: Parking brake switch (fixed) What are these? They were bundled up underneath the dash with a ziptie. The beige block has the red wire return from the parking brake. Wiring diagram. These seem close to the existing vehicle. Dash photo. So you can see what is missing and let me know.

By John Mason, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 13 replies
    • front axle for kubota rtv 900 2000 model

Hello, I’m writing this because I desperately need some assistance with front axle for kubota rtv 900 2000 model. My stepfather told me his two front axles of his  kubota rtv broken separately yesterday and he couldn't distinguish which is for left or right. Are left and right front cv axles the same on a 2000 kubota rtv 900 4x4 ? And what's the cost of kubota rtv 900 axles ? I don't learn much about kubota rtv and hope someone tell me. Thank you.

By matt wichert, in Kubota UTV RTV Forum

• 1 reply
    • Diff lock, front or rear only?

Have been looking at purchaseing my first UTV. Seems like a lot of the lower entry type models only have one locking diff. Some brands are front lock only and others have rear lock only. Is one a better option? 

By Fred Oliphant, in UTV General Discussion

• 5 replies
    • Trooper loud clunk in front

I'm having a loud bang in the front every now and then. It sounds like it comes from the left and right wheels (alternately). It doesn't do it on flat road at all, only on a rutted dirt path. At first I thought it was the suspension violently reaching the extent of it's travel, kind of like a no rubber metal on metal bang. I just got it (used) so it's a mystery how long this bang has been there. Any ideas?

By Jacksnife, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 15 replies