Quantcast

Hisun 500 running issues

Midnite

Welcome to the forum!

Tough crowd here lol. But everyone here has a point, about it being a warranty issue, and it really should be handled by the dealership. 

Otherwise you'll be looking for a code reader for the diagnosis of the issue. Probably a throttle position sensor, or something similar. But with any of the Chinese UTVs, it could easily be the CPU gone bad, even though it's new. 

So you need to get it into the dealership service shop pronto. 

4 hours ago, John68 said:

They're all made or have parts from China. If you think any different,  you're wrong. 

funny, I cant find any part on my Hondas that says MADE IN CHINA ..can you be specific on which part?  and if you think MASSIMO /HISUN  is the quality equivalent of Honda, you must have voted for Dementia Joe . Even the factory rep at Massimo at Dallas assembly plant told me they dumped HISUN engines and went to Linhai because HISUN is junk.. 

Nothing can really compare to a Honda for sure. They have the best small engines on the planet. That said; I own a Massimo 500. I have work the crap out of this thing including pulling small stumps, carrying loads of rock, dirt, firewood and other stuff I'm probably for getting. I have had no issues except the battery but, mine is a 2016 so it was about time. Good luck with your 500. PS, my 4 wheeler is a Honda. It's unstoppable.   

I too have an MSU 500 SXS .. 2017 model... spent most of its first two years in the shop.. not one cent from Massimo for repairs , ever.   Now that its got a whole bunch of YAMAHA Rhino parts on it to replace the poor quality HISUN parts,  it finally runs well.   We  also have 4 HONDA ATVs .. they are absolutely bulletproof.. you cannot tear one up. AND MY GRANDKIDS TRY REAL HARD !! When I bought my MSU 500  in feb 2018 , it was $2500 cheaper than a Honda PIONEER... I SHOULD HAVE PAID THE $2500 .. I would be way ahead now. I even tried to trade it on a  HONDA , with only 50 miles on the Massimo ..  Honda would not take it. at all .. THEY KNEW!!!! lol

On 4/16/2022 at 5:30 AM, Joe Breaux said:

funny, I cant find any part on my Hondas that says MADE IN CHINA ..can you be specific on which part?  and if you think MASSIMO /HISUN  is the quality equivalent of Honda, you must have voted for Dementia Joe . Even the factory rep at Massimo at Dallas assembly plant told me they dumped HISUN engines and went to Linhai because HISUN is junk.. 

I'm not an idiot LIBERAL.  LOL

On 4/16/2022 at 4:26 PM, Joe Breaux said:

I too have an MSU 500 SXS .. 2017 model... spent most of its first two years in the shop.. not one cent from Massimo for repairs , ever.   Now that its got a whole bunch of YAMAHA Rhino parts on it to replace the poor quality HISUN parts,  it finally runs well.   We  also have 4 HONDA ATVs .. they are absolutely bulletproof.. you cannot tear one up. AND MY GRANDKIDS TRY REAL HARD !! When I bought my MSU 500  in feb 2018 , it was $2500 cheaper than a Honda PIONEER... I SHOULD HAVE PAID THE $2500 .. I would be way ahead now. I even tried to trade it on a  HONDA , with only 50 miles on the Massimo ..  Honda would not take it. at all .. THEY KNEW!!!! lol

Buddy of mine has a Honda side by side, not sure which model I Don't know. Beautiful machine. During off season (hunting) every time we were going out in the swamp, rough terrain I noticed he's say, "You taking your Massimo" when I'd say he he's answer "o'k I'll leave mine home. 

One time he brought his Honda because he had big tall tires and would clear more water. We came to a log 6"-8" no big deal. He takes iy OUT of 4 Wheel I say wait, you can get over that log easier IN 4 W.D. He says "not with this thing, I've broken 2-3 front axels in 4 W.D. climbing over logs!! I said Oh, thats why you usually leave this home, he just smiled!! Yes, they ALL break and as far as a part saying Made in China, if anyone says any of them don't have parts made in China................LOL!

6 hours ago, Joe Breaux said:

LETS GO BRANDEN 

Be careful Joe, there are those in moderation that don't like this "LETS GO BRANDON" deal!!!!   Ask me how I know, remember my avatar???

thats odd, I know several with Honda and Kawasaki SXS s and we all ride in the swamp together.. never seen one have issue climbing logs in 4WD .. Its funny tho, they can all outrun me on flat dry ground but my  Massimo/Yamaha has pulled a couple of them out of deep mudholes. And I dont mean with my winch.But it could just be the drivers.lol

as for the  moderators here, they would really not like my T-Shirt.. Its a stick figure humping you know who ..[ the potted plant in the WH]   lol   have a good one buddy

• Like 1

Oh dont get me wrong, my buddies Honda definitely was a nicer machine....I guess. But  $6000-$8000 more and his Honda came without a windshield and I believe he pd extra for the roof and winch, I know on lots of them you do.  All that came stock on the Massimo.  Another friend has 2 Arctic Cats, beat the crap out of both of them like I have my Massimo, he's had LOTS mort trouble with them than I have the Massimo.  My point??? None them are any better than they need to be, and they ALL have parts made in China, everything does .Lincoln is nicer than a Maverick.....but again LOTS more expensive, its all what you want and what you want to put in it.

my issue was the 1st  break down on first day with 1 miles..yes ONE MILE on it.. and Massimo basically told me to go "F' myself for warranty.  and again  ALL SIX TIMES IT BROKE IN FIRST YEAR!!!  They refused to pay one cent of repairs at a shop they provided . After a lot of cash and a bunch of NEW YAMAHA RHINO PARTS replacing the trash HISUN parts , I now have a decent machine.. but during the first year I never got more than 15 minutes use without yet another breakdown. My buddy's Honda Pioneer has over 6,000 miles on it and has only had regular oil changes. NOT ONE BREAKDOWN .. 

20 minutes ago, Joe Breaux said:

we have a camp on the Atchafalaya River so I spend a lot of time there year round. Theres miles of good riding trails nearby. Kids and grandkids  too.

That sounds really great!! Now something like that I could really get into. We dream about a deeded rv lot to set up on, maybe sell the house…but here in Florida they’re ridiculously priced. I guess everyone goes north in the summer and rents their lot down here in the winter

• Like 1

we have 1 1/2 acre on the river.. two campers set up full time with metal buildings .. bought years ago. I m retired so we spend a lot of time there fishing etc.. Used to hunt but not too much anymore. Our property borders the Sherberne WMA and National Forest.  I can literally walk 100 yrds and deer hunt 

• 1 month later...