Quantcast

rocmoc

Clutch again!

Talked to my dealer today, Tyler at Epic Motorsports in Saint George, UT, and he wants to come. He will be bringing a supercharged Trooper with nitrous oxde. He said he will try to get it tuned in in time. This guy goes way extreme in everything he does. His rock crawling jeep has a cat engine. He says that it has so much torque that he struggled to find a dirve line that would hold it. You'll like him, he is a fun guy. Said he might birng his promotional trailer and do a big banner. This is turning out to have a lot of people between all the guys, wives and those with kids and a few dogs. Would someone like to volenteer to contact the magazines. I'll bet they will want some pics and stories.

Lenny

Hello Lenny. Your dealer sounds like a sharp hot rod kind of guy. Can you ask him if he has concerns about the clutch with the added power? If he does, what are his plans? What or who makes the current replacement clutch besides Joyner? I know I am beating this to death but this is a future weak link.

Thanks,

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico/Texas

I'm not so sure that the clutch in his app. will be as much of an issue as it is for our big tires. I don't think he is planning to rip through the gears but once in a gear he can really go. In the dunes for example. I did ask him if he thought the engine and drivetrain would take the power, he said "I don't know". He is not shy to tackle any kind of modification job. If he blows a rearend, he'll just put a subaru dif in it. If he blows the clutch he will retrofit something else on it. He sort of doesn't worry about it until it happens then he comes up with a plan. He is always doing something over the top. I think you will like him.

Lenny

I had to go down a very long steep rock crawler trail a couple weekends ago. By the end of the trail (I actually don't think it was a trail at all in retrospect) my clutch was making a lot of stink and it was slipping quite a bit. I see the clutch as a weak link and would love to upgrade. Has anyone successfully done this yet?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Wanted: Trooper Axle Parts

I am interested in any old trooper axle parts you may have lying around. Please let me know if your want to sell them.  Backstory: Hey everyone. Last trip out to moab I climbed a wall on poison spyder Mesa while 2 rzr xp1000's and three can am x3 xrc's watched me and didn't dare try. After doing it once I pulled around to show them it wasn't a fluke. One on the can am x3 xrc drivers just looked at me and said "that's steep". On the second try I spread the bell on the left rear axle. I made the climb but now the inner cage slips inside making a loud popping noise as twisting the boot. I mainly just need the inner bell but I am interested in anything you have. 

By 2scoops, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • Joyner trooper electric power steering for $200..

I made my own electric power steering for my Joyner trooper..I bought a steering column out of a 02 satern vue for $80 at a junk yard..then bought a wiring kit off of eBay for another $80. And made the steering arm...the wiring kit even came with a adjustable nob..

By Tobie1987, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 23 replies
    • Joyner Trooper Power Steering

I had been wanting to install power steering on my T4 for years so I went to the salvage yard last weekend and bought a complete column (minus airbag) out of a 2009 Nissan Versa for $125 with the ECU. It was a fairly simple install. The long shaft that fits to the Joyner steering rack actually fit perfectly into the Nissan column. Had to weld up a U joint on the Nissan column to make it a straight shaft and fab up one simple bracket. Connect power and ground plus a switched 12v and now I can steer with one hand!  

By mixfixdave, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • Silver Bullet Motorsports Legit or Not?

Buying from Silver bullet like sushi at a truck stop? Over the years seeing him on this forum I assumed he was legit but now I am seeing lots of negative feedback. Selling engines you don’t have and taking money on a website for false inventory is fraud. Not sure if that is the case or not but getting sinking feeling it might be the case after making an order yesterday and getting no follow up or response immediately to my calls for clarification.  Anybody with experience? 

By petethedog, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 9 replies
    • Piggyback ecu on trooper?

Is anyone running a piggyback ecu on their trooper!I'm interested in a fuel controller! But one with a little bit more control then the electronic jet Set up they sell. I want timing control and more in depth fuel management!

By Volkz VLOGS, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies