Quantcast

Kubota RTV 900 (2010) steering delivery tube replacement

The steering delivery tube running from the pump to the steering controller below the steering wheel has fractured due to rubbing on a sharp steel flange.  I would like to replace the tube and I am hoping someone reading this has actually done the job.  To get to the point that I have identified the problem I have had to do a great deal of disassembly.  The manual implies I must take off the roll cage, the rest of the body, the steering wheel and the dashboard.  Is this really necessary?

The manual also suggests bleeding the steering without detailing how this is achieved.  Does anybody know how to do this?

On 4/25/2022 at 6:38 AM, Howard Dare said:

The steering delivery tube running from the pump to the steering controller below the steering wheel has fractured due to rubbing on a sharp steel flange.  I would like to replace the tube and I am hoping someone reading this has actually done the job.  To get to the point that I have identified the problem I have had to do a great deal of disassembly.  The manual implies I must take off the roll cage, the rest of the body, the steering wheel and the dashboard.  Is this really necessary?

The manual also suggests bleeding the steering without detailing how this is achieved.  Does anybody know how to do this?

This sub forum is not very active.  That's good or bad depending on how you look at it, I suppose.  I have not encountered the issue your are describing with my Kubota.  However, I did encounter something similar in my prior UTV.  I did have to remove the body to get to the areas needed for repair.

Good luck.  I can give you the number of my Kubota dealer.  They are always very helpful with DIY issues.

Craig C.  

It is looking like the removal of the remainder of the cab is not too complex. Having taken so much apart to get to identify the leak, going further when assistance is available will be within my capabilities.  I will need to discover how to bleed the power steering as the manual only tells you to do it, not how.

If I were buying another UTV it would not be a Kubota. Unnecessary complexity everywhere. Ridiculously expensive parts.  Stratospheric annual servicing costs if you use the dealer. Looks like I am stuck with this until I retire as I am 70 now. I got it at 2 years old and it had just had major work on the transmission, having been used by boy racers.  The last 8 years have been sedate but I have had to change a front drive shaft and other small items.  The steering delivery hose failing because of a design issue would have been totally predictable to Kubota. They probably thought it would be a revenue stream for their dealer servicing network.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nathon S.
      I have a Bennche 700 EFI Bighorn. I’ve recently been unable to get it to start. After a little troubleshooting I realized my fuel pump was not pumping fuel. This weekend I emptied the gas and replaced it with new. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel injector. I also replaced the battery, spark plug and made sure all my fuses and relays were good. I have confirmed that the float on the fuel pump is not obstructed. The UTV is about 12 years old and has less than 100 hours on it. It has not run in over a year.  Not sure whats going on?!? After doing a little reading I'm leaning towards it being an issue with the ECU or perhaps a faulty wire in the wiring harness. Anyone have any ideas on where to start looking or what I could be dealing with? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!
    • By Richard shepard
      I have a 2021 colman 400utv engine will start and idle, as soon as you hit throttle to move engine dies and will only start when you throttle it, let off throttle it dies, I replaced the injector and plug still the same, anyone have any other ideas
    • By FloridaMan
      I have a 2012 Massimo MSU 500 that died. I found that it didn't have spark and the fuel pump wouldn't run. Checked all fuses and none were blown.
      Went through and replaced the ignition coil, HT lead and spark plug. Still no spark.
      Thought it could be the fuse/relay box because I didnt' know much about the machine at that point so I replaced it. No spark.
      Then I replaced the ECM just because I was running out of ideas. No spark.
      I removed the 9 pin connector and hardwired it making sure that they were no wires got swapped. Still no spark.
      Then I replaced the wiring hardness. In doing so, I replaced the 9 pin connector with new ones. I made sure all wires were matched up between the engine harness side and the other harness assembly. Still no spark.
      I have no other ideas what to do. My fuel pump doesn't kick on and I have no spark. I have 12V on the fuel pump, ignition coil and fuel injector, but no ground from the ECM control.  I unplugged the fuel injector and waited for a diagnostic code but nothing ever came in. It makes me think that the ECM isn't powering up. I've checked for 12V on pins 18 (purple wire) and 15 (white and black wire). I also checked for ground on pin 2 (black wire). All are good.
      I am out of options here and I have no idea what else it could be. I have all connections redone and are coated with dielectric grease. I've checked all easy things like fuses and making sure I have 12V in the right placed. I would appreciate any help.
    • By TBoss 560 2023
      Got a new 2023 TBoss 560 with 40 miles on it now. Noticed after about and hour of plowing snow coolant started hissing out the overflow tube. Initially made a pop or blow kind of noise and then saw some steam and smelt coolant. Coolent level is in the middle between low and high (running or not). Coolant under radiator cap is full when cold, appears nice and green. Checked oil doesn’t look milky. The temp ranges from 160-180 F running for 15-20. Noticed the other day there was some more coolant that blew out the overflow tube. I called the dealer and they said the system could be purging air. Dealer is 2+ hours away so wanting to get more thoughts before considering to bring it in. Also noticing hot/burning rubber smell but I think this is from the belt breaking in? Also notice the coolant smell from the exhaust when in higher RPMs. No white smoke from the exhaust. Also another possible issue. I notice that there’s a little bounce when on pavement. You can also hear the CVT kind of make noise with this bounce in tandem. Is this normal?
    • By azdesertdog
      A desert camp trip we took at Christmas in the desert