Quantcast

Curing the rattles

aefron88

Playing on some crappy gravel roads I've noticed a fair bit of rattling from the bed area.

I decided to try adding some soundproofing mat under the bed.

20220802_112809.thumb.jpg.b70714c1b23862de821d806b660c2372.jpg

Here's what I did: I got some peel and stick sound matting with a foil backing off Amazon. It's meant for sound deadening in automotive applications.

I Cut the pieces to size so they would fit between the framing and applied. I only did the middle as the sides of the bed are part of the wheelwell and subject to mud spray and splashing.

It has eliminated all the bed rattle and seems to have reduced some of the engine noise.

I've done a few test drives and have no heat issues on the matting.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Paul409
      Have a Hisun 750 only 700hrs 21 model. Never had issues went to start it and there's a clicking sound under the seat I'm assuming it's the started relay. I for the life of me cannot find the starter, is there a way to test the relay. 
      Thank for any support 
    • By T-boss 410
      Just curious if this can be done. Even if it's a remote filter, I would feel better if it actually has a filter.
      Thanks 👍
    • By lozomex
      After a few days of heavy rainfall I got in my Sidekick and noticed that the belt seemed to be slipping as I was making my way out on a large property.  I turned around and could barely make it back to my shop.  After removing the cowelling I noticed about a quart of water drained out.  I dried the area, the cover and checked the belt.  No signs of dammage, belt looks great and no foreign debris other than water in the area.  I put it back together and there was a definite improvement.  The Sidekick is driveable now but the belt still slips but only at a higher speed and only when the throttle is punched.  I'm wondering whether I may have inadvertently damaged it while it was wet and have ordered a new belt.  I have looked on line to see if there is a guide or procedure, specifically for the CVT belt removal and replacement for the 850 but can find none.  Does anyone have experience with this?
    • By Scott Jackson
      What is the Bennche a off brand of?
    • By RickinMT
      2021 Hisun/Axis 700.
      I've had some good trail rides with this thing, on some rough roads, although the last two rides weren't rough at all. ANYWAY, yesterday I pulled out of the garage and it clunked really loud, like the clunk when it's trying to pop out of gear... (I think we've all heard that..) And I'm used to it, in both Hi and Lo, but it seemed louder this time but it still moved. I got it up to the front yard and it clunked a few more times, loudly, and then it refused to move. Engine is fine: just no movement.   I towed it back down to the garage and took a look at it today. I suspected the belt and had loosened all the belt cover bolts, but I thought I'd check for movement of the drive shaft. Started it up, set the brake, put it in Lo and gunned it. No-go. Then I noticed the front drive shaft was turning a bit. I pushed the button and put it in 4-wheel and gunned it again and the machine lurched forward a bit. The front drive shaft is turning and it wants to move so I guess it's not the belt. SO SO glad I didn't take the cover off- It's a royal pain to put back on...   SO. I'm no mechanic but looking for input from you guys. Any suggestions on what to check next? Thanks in advance.   So, searching forums.... The symptoms match what some guys are calling a broken "through shaft." I'm seeing drive shaft, through shaft, middle shaft... What to look for?