Quantcast

Addons for 2022 Tracker 800sx crew, and looking for other alternatives to OEM. Turn signals, wiring it up.

AFdZucohDEOrWaWNIw_HWyuR3MrAPch-0UrKRKAgMfkn6w=s40

[email protected]

10:31 AM (9 minutes ago)

I'm always trying to add more options, when it comes to parts, fluids or anything else, if it's good quality and saves me money. I want it to look right also.

My new 800sx crew is just about broken in. I'll use Amsoil 0w-40 engine oil. After pounding around in Google for a while,  I  found a couple of oil filters other than Chery.

Fram ph4976

I  was hoping for a little more quality, and found Wix 51394. I got it at O'Reilly's for 13 American. I wanted to be sure, so I stopped into Bass Pro. I  asked for an oil filter for my machine. The guy went over to the shelf and opened an oil change kit from Tracker. (You know,  the oil and filter kit for 69.99.) Inside the box was a Wix 51394. I'll change the differential and trans-axle fluids at the same time. I think I've found some fluids, other than Tracker/Artic Cat.( I did end up with Artic Cat trans-axle fluid, still looking for a good alternative.) Has anyone already found something? It would be great to know?

I also put a Kenimoto turn signal/horn kit on it. I did have to lengthen the wires from the switch on the steering column into the firewall and then back to the rear turn signals. I went to the battery for power. It looks and works great. You will see that my turn signal indicator lights are out on the hood. I'll have to extend the wires to get them into the cab area. As it works out, I like the added lights outside on the front and I see the lights easily.

I bought a 6x10 canvas tarp, added a couple of grommets, used the black rubber stretchy tie downs and I now have a nice top that does all I need it to do until I get a hard top. I did this for under 60.00.

I did roll roll the front with a 1/2" fiberglass rod that I got at the farm and home store. I used 1/2" insulated clamps from the electrical isle. I did have to puncture the canvas for the screws. On the back I used one of the bicycle/moped fiberglass flag poles. It stays tight, keeps the sun off the passengers and would repel rain.

20220817_075912.jpg

20220817_075927.jpg

20220817_075959.jpg

• Greg In Iowa changed the title to Addons for 2022 Tracker 800sx crew, and looking for other alternatives to OEM. Turn signals, wiring it up.

Nice job on the tarp cover! Fab in a fiberglass bow or maybe two, in the roof, to take out that concave that's really shown in the last picture. The one that shows it from the rear. Mostly for cosmetic reasons, and I'd just keep it like that. It would give it a cool, professional, I meant to get this look, kind a vibe.

Or how about fastening a grass/thatch roof to the top, over the tarp. You can get a woven sheet of that stuff at some hobby, or home building supply stores. Just layer it on, for a really cool, island/ tropical, don't give a d@&n look. I see some real artistic possibilities!