Quantcast

Newbie Question- Should I buy New or Used?

Wife and I took a guided tour while visiting Zion Natural Park and well,,,,, the bug hit us HARD. 

We live in the White Mountains of Arizona, the is many street ATV’s and many trails within driving distance , thus a trailer is not needed for most.

‘Here is what we have in our “want” list, 4 seater, doors, street legal , front and rear windshield,,,,, we have not settled on brand or model, so here is we I hope you folks can help us.

1) Should we buy new or used?

2) What APR should we expect ( we both have over 800 scores) if we finance?

3) If we buy used, what should we look for and how many miles is a no go? 
4) I know it is subjective but, which brand is consider “premium” and which would be considered “entry” 

Thanks for info you may provide ,

I bought new..... still spent 2 years in and out of shop... as for street legal, you need to check with your state DMV.. some do not allow Low Speed Vehicles ,  UTVs /Golf Carts ...... find out what the requirements are and the cost to comply, what safety equipment, how much liability insurance, which street tires etc.  .. they do not come "street legal"

I screwed up and bought a new 2017  Massimo MSU 500 from Tractor Supply because my elderly father cant ride a ATV anymore.  .. big mistake.. It was bad enough that it broke on its first day but Tractor Supply did not even know who serviced them!  As it turned out, NO ONE would!  Massimo did not back their warranty or pay claims.. so no shop would work on them  stay away from anything Massimo . or Hisun..   I have friends that have UTV Hondas and Kawasakis.. good machines.. I have 3 Honda ATVs.. great machines.. indestructible.  I  bought a 2023 CF MOTO 600 ATV  last October.. It is impressive and trouble free and 2 yr warranty instead of 1 yr like the rest.    but I do not know about their UTVs.. .. shop around .. Prices are high right now and inventories are low.. good luck.. Let us know what you buy  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.