Quantcast

Charging Issue with 2021 Axis 700 4x4

Third voltage regulator on this unit. Purchased from Lowes in FEB of 2022.  

At that time, I was not using a battery tender. Garage kept and would start it up and use around the yard and weekends at the hunt club property. While using in the yard, let it idle while collecting leaves, etc.  while driving. unit cut off. Jumped started unit and recharged battery and checked for output voltage reading at battery. 12.3 and no change at 1k rpms. on 6/13/22 took unit to Authorized Dealer for 1st oil and filter change/ lube job along with possible Warranty Claim Work for a no charging issue. Dealer checked Battery which was, ok and replaced voltage regulator. (Listed action not part number on invoice ($140 for part). Dealer absorbed warranty claim cost until HISUN would pay the dealer. All was well.

10/19/22: previous weekend at the hunting property, the damn thing would not re-start......deep in the woods...... luckily, I had brought a battery source to jump if needed. This saved me. when back home ordered a regulator from eBay and replaced the faulty one that was the original one. Found this with additional investigating and pics taken prior to the dealer having the unit for the issue.

7/9/23: well seems the unit is need of another rectifier.  Not charging the battery. had not been using a battery tender but will use it going forward. seems if the battery goes down the charging system will not bring it back, the charging system is there to maintain the battery voltage.

I usually do not run the stock light during the day and rarely use the unit at night. Did add a 32" LED light bar, but have it switched and have rarely used that up to now.  When I replaced the second regulator and checked the voltage output, it was showing 14.0 volts at 1K RPMs and ran well.   I am hoping the third one will be a charm and that using a batter tender will keep it all happy and work as intended.

Please feel free to comment, add to this string or give advice from your experience in this area.  I am using a downloaded manual for the HISUN 700  

Had a similar issue with a used Yamaha 4-wheeler I bought off a friend. Except going into the deal I knew it wasn't charging. The voltage regulator where the wires plugged in were bent badly.

Anyway I bought a off brand voltage regulator and stator for it. Installed both and after a week or so the voltage regulator quit working. After going through 3 voltage regulators. I tested the stator. The stator wasn't sending the correct AC voltage to the regulator.

I replaced the stator and regulator and all was fine. Sold the 4-wheeler 2 years later and unit was still charging fine.

I would check the 3 wires coming from the stator going to the regulator.

Be CAREFUL cause as stated. The stator sends AC voltage. Take multi meter. And set the AC voltage. I don't have the numbers in front of me. But should between 80-130 volts AC between all 3 sets of wires. All wires are probably the same color. Just lable them 1, 2, and 3. Using mult meter set for AC volts. Clip the leads to 1 and 2 and record reading. Then clip leads to 2 and 3 and record reading. Finally clip the leads to 1 and 3 and record reading.

I using the word clip instead of touch or hold. You want to get the alligator adapter clips the you push the probes of the meter into. Then using the alligator clips to connect the wires from stator. Remember the stator produces AC voltage. AC voltage from a stator can give a bad zap or even KILL. So be careful.

Post the results here and we will help determine the next course of action.