Quantcast

Brakes!

rocmoc

The pads are easy to change, did the fronts today and will finish the rears tomorrow.

But here is the deal. Since I have one of the first T2s, I have the tiny little early rotors. Joyner gave me a upgrade kit over a year ago but I have not had a problem with the existing brakes. Thought I would do the upgrade to the front brakes. The problem is to change the rotor to the new larger rotor in the kit, you have to remove the hub nut and remove the hub. The rotor sets in behind the hub and there is NO WAY the hub will pass thu the hole in the center of the rotor.

The question,

Has anyone removed the hub nut, I tried but it on there super tight? Has anyone pulled the hub? Does it take a puller to remove the hub? Would like to know before I get tough with nut & hub. At any rate, I changed out the pads. The fronts were only half worn out so differently more rear brake bias than front.

Thanks,

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I've had my rears apart and I assume they are pretty much the same. You'll have to remove the nut. my rear nuts were on really hard. I used a 3/4"drive socket with braker bar. Put a bar across two lug bolts and the other end on the floor to keep thing from turning. Then step up onto the braker bar and jump your weight on it. Check the thread direction to be sure your going the right way. I assume they gave you adapters to move the calipers out farther. With 15 inch rims, eventually I'm going to make bigger rotors then the stock bigger ones. Still have to get into the brakes real hard to hold on steep stuff.

Lenny

OK, I finished the rear brakes today. Did not go as smooth as the fronts. 3 of the 4 mounting caliper brackets / pad guides would not clear the caliper when compress allowing room to remove & install the pads. I was able to squeeze enough room by forcing the bracket allowing the old pads to be removed. Then I was able to remove the bracket which is also the guide post for the pads. With a little grinding of metal on the bracket and a small amount of filing of the caliper, the bracket passed over the caliper allowing full access for installing the new pads.

Second the piston on the emergency brake calipers would not compress allowing room for the pads. Compressing the piston, I bleed some brake fluid and the piston compressed. Still have to figure out why the fluid would not push back into the emergency master cylinder, maybe a plugged vent hole on the master.

With the new pads & calipers installed, GREAT!

TIP: The rear pads wear the most on the inside pad. Watch the inside pads as they will fail first.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

OK, I finished the rear brakes today. Did not go as smooth as the fronts. 3 of the 4 mounting caliper brackets / pad guides would not clear the caliper when compress allowing room to remove & install the pads. I was able to squeeze enough room by forcing the bracket allowing the old pads to be removed. Then I was able to remove the bracket which is also the guide post for the pads. With a little grinding of metal on the bracket and a small amount of filing of the caliper, the bracket passed over the caliper allowing full access for installing the new pads.

Second the piston on the emergency brake calipers would not compress allowing room for the pads. Compressing the piston, I bleed some brake fluid and the piston compressed. Still have to figure out why the fluid would not push back into the emergency master cylinder, maybe a plugged vent hole on the master.

With the new pads & calipers installed, GREAT!

TIP: The rear pads wear the most on the inside pad. Watch the inside pads as they will fail first.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I can't remember for sure now but If I recall correctly, I had the same problem and also ground mine some but then I found that, I think this is what it was, one of the two post unscrews to provide access. I do remember saying to myself that I guess I jumped the gun a bit.

Lenny

the trick to it is to pull out the small rubber plug on the back side of the caliper and there is a allen screw in the hole. you remove the screw and this allows the frame to move enough to get the pads out. sorry I cant remember how to tell you any better it has been a while since i did the brakes but if you take that screw out you wont have any trouble. maybe it is directly behind a post, when you do it watch the rubber dust seals to make sure they don't pop off.

Kevin

I saw and removed the Allen screw. That wasn't the problem. The bracket would not compress as it would not clear the caliper at the center of the bracket. I believe the bracket bends slightly over time from the original installation at the factory. The minor adjustment I made should take care of the problem permanently. Thanks for your feedback as others may not see the Allen screw and I failed to mention it.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By CYJSP2009
      Hello Everyone
      Brand new Joyner  CV AXLES are waiting to be unloaded at LA port and then be sent to warehouses in  Charleston, TN ,   BALTIMORE, MD  and Groveport, OH. Estimate they will be available for shipments to end customers in about 2-3 weeks. 
      These CV AXLES  are ordered in February this year and now it is middle July.  Very long time to get these parts.  Qty for each model is not big. Detail as below: 
      S/N                  Part No.                                       Description                    Charleston, TN     BALTIMORE, MD       Groveport,  OH        Total
      1            D650.03.02.02.00            650 Sand Spider Rear left              3                                     2                                           3                                   8
      2            S650.03.02.02.00             650 Commando Rear                       7                                     6                                          10                                23
      3            TR1100.03.01.03.00       TR1100 Front                                      3                                     3                                            4                                  10
      4            D650.03.02.03.00           650 Sand Spider Rear Right          3                                     2                                           4                                    9
      5            S800.03.02.02.00-R2    800 R2/4 Rear Shaft                         4                                     4                                            6                                  14
      6            TR1100.03.02.03.00     TR1100 Rear                                          6                                    5                                             9                                  20
      7            S650.03.01.02.00            650 Commando Front Left            3                                    3                                             4                                   10
      8            S650.03.01.03.00            650 Commando Front Right         3                                   3                                             4                                    10

Below items are also available.  These items can be shipped in days
      CAGE:
      1. 800 Renegade R2/R4 Front outer cage  ---  5 pieces   
      2. 800 Viper SV1100 Drive shaft rear Left outer cage --- 5 pieces
      3.  800 Viper SV1100 Drive shaft rear left inner cage --- 3 pieces
      CV BOOT:
      1.    650 Commando Left Front / 650 Commando Right Front /650 Sand Spider Rear Left / 650 Sand Spider Rear right /  OUT CAGE            2 pieces                  
      2.    650 Commando Rear OUT CAGE              1 pieces                    
      3    Trooper Front / Trooper Rear / 800 R2 R4 Rear  OUT CAGE        2  pieces                   
      4    650 Commando Left Front / 650 Commando Right Front  INNER CAGE          1 pieces                    
      5    650 Sand Spider Rear Left /  650 Sand Spider Rear right INNER CAGE            1 pieces                    
      6    650 Commando Rear INNER CAGE           1 pieces                    
      7    Trooper Front / Trooper Rear / 800 R2 R4 Rear  OUT CAGE  INNER CAGE            2 pieces                    
      Anyone who need above items please contact me at  [email protected]  Thanks. 
      Other Joyner items needed, you can also contact me and I will try to help. 
      Have good day
      Casey / Leaf Asia 
      2021-07-20

• By Dana Stewart
      Is there A lift kit for a Hisun Sector 750 " +/- ? LINKS?

• By Brando040
      I have a 2021 Coleman UT 400. The weight capacity of the rear cargo was only 330 pounds and it’s sags with just 100 pounds in the back. I’m wondering if anyone has any insight on upgrading the rear shocks, and/or springs to give it a better weight load capacity? I’m sure all the popular shock brands out there like Elka suspension do not carry them for these particular models so if anyone has ever ran into this issue and has any ideas on upgrading the shocks and I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. 
    • By JOYNERPARTSGUY
      I'm thinking about parting out my 2 Joyner's.  Both have less than 500 miles.   I would also consider selling whole.  I have titles for both and have owned them since new.   Located in northwest Florida.   I'll be in Gatlinburg , TN for Christmas if someone needs a heavy part delivered     Trooper engine has rust on the cylinders and probably won't turn over at this point due to Florida humidity.  The sand spider has a broken input shaft in the rear end, so it needs a new (cheap) input shaft and seal.   It hasn't been cranked in a couple years.  Both are complete.
    • By Marcus Bentley
      Bought my coleman u400 from TSC last year, was running great. I live on a lake and use it almost daily to climb a pretty steep hill from my house down a path to the water. Last week was driving up the hill and it just quit. First thought was I'd run out of gas but it has almost a full tank of gas in it.  Have tried to get it to restart and the lights come on and it tries to turn over but won't catch. Checked the battery and tried to jump it just in case but it's not that. Checked the starter and it's good. Can't find the spark plug to even check that. I called the local repair guy in town and he told me he doesn't work on Hisun since it's all shit and I'd be better off burning the damn thing so that's been no help. Would appreciate any other ideas. 
  • Gallery Images