Quantcast

brake modification questions

Lenny

While I redoing my front driveshaft, I decided to put a disk on the shaft for my parking brake. This gives me three advantages. First, it keeps the parking brake simple and condensed. Second, when I use the parking brake to hold me while I'm letting the clutch out on a complicated hill section, all 4 wheels hold, if in 4x4. Thirdly, I get the advantage of the 2.11: 1 ratio in the differentials for better braking. That leaves me with 2 extra calipers on the rear. If I doubled them up with the other 2 in the rear, that would increase my regular stopping power. Do you think this would give me too much on the rear and make the balance with the front unworkable? Also, what do you think about hooking the front brake lines together and the same with the rear? Stock, they are Right front with left rear together and left front with right rear.

Lenny

I have seen the setup you are talking about on older Jeeps & trucks. You could always throw in an adjustable proportioning valve to balance the system.

rocmoc n Mexico/AZ

Thanks, good input. Guess I'll go forward with it. Thought for sure you were going to say "You idiot, don't you know anything"

Lenny