Quantcast

Driving in Mexico

Kinarfi

My son goes down to Mexico about once a year on his motorcycle and I would like to go with him in my Trooper, Anyone know the laws about driving a trooper down there.

Here are his 4 stops so far, He sends it out each night so me and ma know where he's at. Very interesting.

26.24537,-112.4771 - Google Maps

26.87924,-113.13506 - Google Maps

27.73386,-113.48991 - Google Maps

30.05963,-115.72517 - Google Maps

Thanks

Kinarfi

My son goes down to Mexico about once a year on his motorcycle and I would like to go with him in my Trooper, Anyone know the laws about driving a trooper down there.

Here are his 4 stops so far, He sends it out each night so me and ma know where he's at. Very interesting.

26.24537,-112.4771 - Google Maps

26.87924,-113.13506 - Google Maps

27.73386,-113.48991 - Google Maps

30.05963,-115.72517 - Google Maps

Thanks

Kinarfi

Thats OK Kinarfi, were not blameing you for Joyners situation. You don't have to go hide in Mexico just yet. We'll let you know ahead of time if were coming guning for you.

Lenny

Everything depends on where you are going & how long. If you stay in the Free Zone of Sonora & Baja, you need nothing except Mexican Insurance. You need at a min Liability per Mexican Law. I use Lewis & Lewis purchased directly off the Internet. You may wish to call them and ask about the Trooper. I have not thus far, I have it listed under my Pickup's policy but I don't know if it would hold up as it says it is pulled, like a trailer.

After 3 days in the Free Zone, you are required to have a Mexican Visa.

Outside of the Free Zone, Mexican Ins., Visa & Vehicle Permit, ALWAYS.

All this is detailed in a Sticky on rv.net under the Traveling in Mexico Forum. RV.Net Open Roads Forum: New and Improved Border FAQ's

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico