Quantcast

gates98

trooper fuel tanks sending unit leak

i have a fuel leak around the sending unit on my trooper went to make sure bolts were tight and 2 of them was stripped out any suggestions

Rotate the sending unit a little and drill new holes. Use the original screws if you have a metric tap, or switch to self tapping screw. You may even want to replace the gasket with a thicker gasket or a cork gasket. If you have some good silicone smear some on the red plastic where the wires come out. The gas is probably causing it to go brittle, I bought some Permatex (I think) Black Magic high temp something like five years ago and it is still usable and very good stuff. I recommend it!!

that's my 2 cents worth.

Kinarfi

Rotate the sending unit a little and drill new holes. Use the original screws if you have a metric tap, or switch to self tapping screw. You may even want to replace the gasket with a thicker gasket or a cork gasket. If you have some good silicone smear some on the red plastic where the wires come out. The gas is probably causing it to go brittle, I bought some Permatex (I think) Black Magic high temp something like five years ago and it is still usable and very good stuff. I recommend it!!

that's my 2 cents worth.

Kinarfi

ok thanks alot buddy thats what ill do tomorrow

ok thanks alot buddy thats what ill do tomorrow

As long as your going to rotate and drill new noles, you might as well go to 6 or 8 holes to get a good tight clamp on the seal you use. You sort of get it for nothing as your there anyway drilling and it doesn't add but about 1 minute or two to the time.

Lenny

i have a fuel leak around the sending unit on my trooper went to make sure bolts were tight and 2 of them was stripped out any suggestions

I had the same problem.I removed the tank to clean it out so at that time I used larger diameter self drilling screws and a oil/fuel resistant sealant on both sides of the rubber gasket.Cleaned out tank real good and no problem since.

I had the same problem.I removed the tank to clean it out so at that time I used larger diameter self drilling screws and a oil/fuel resistant sealant on both sides of the rubber gasket.Cleaned out tank real good and no problem since.

thanks alot guys worked great no more leaks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rapidray4x4
      I need help locating a rear cv style driveline for my early 2008 t4 trooper. I have broken 2 ujoints now and almost put a hole in the oil pan! I found one place but they wont return my calls. The mud season started and i got a big paper weight. Any help is greatly appreciated by me and my family.
    • By dennardo
      I recently bought a used Kubota RTV900 with a plow attachment to take care of a long, steep driveway this winter. I think it’s a 2006 and it has about 460 hours on it. The previous owner told me when I bought it that it needed an oil change but I know nothing else about how well it was maintained over the years. While going through the items in the maintenance schedule I discovered a problem with the coolant system. The coolant reserve tank was completely empty so I filled it and soon after noticed a spot of antifreeze on my garage floor. I had never noticed a leak before. I took the protective panel under the radiator off the bottom of the RTV and could see that the radiator itself, the drain valve, and all hoses and connections were dry and tight as far as the hose going into the engine block. I then took off the next protective panel that is right under the forward part of the engine. The engine-facing side of this plate was covered with a mess of oily debris that had to be scraped off and the engine itself was pretty dirty also. I cleaned things up with some paper towels and ran the engine to see if I could spot any leaks. After running the engine for only a few minutes, I saw a drop of coolant on the side of the crankcase right behind the starter motor. I wiped it dry, started the engine again, and the drop re-appeared after a few minutes. I was expecting to find that maybe the water pump was leaking, but I don’t see how that would cause the coolant to appear so far back on the side of the engine block. I can’t see anything else that might spray coolant onto this area. If the cylinder block actually has a hole in it I would expect I would see a lot more problems than just a slow leak of coolant.  I am fairly handy but as I’m sure you can tell I’m new to engine work so I thought I’d see if anyone could help me diagnose this problem. Thanks.

• By Racinaround
      Just Repainted my Trooper and was wondering if anyone has or can make the stickers for the tropper??
      800 357-2460
      Rick
    • By rocmoc
      This is rocmoc/Michael one of the first on this forum when the Joyner was one of the most active topics.  First an update of others.  The earlier members will also remember Lenny and Jeff.  With myself we organized the first Jamborees in 2009-2012.  Sadly if you have not heard we lost both Lenny and Jeff in 2018.    A great loss to the community.  Myself:  Still around but rolled over to Jeep and Arctic Cat Wildcat.  The Wildcat  design still remains me of my old 2008 Trooper.  Doing well as the Last Man Standing but cleaning out the garage.  Found some New and used Trooper parts I will list in the parts section.  Wanted to give you all a chance before I list on Ebay.  As many of you knew Lenny listed a lot of stuff on Ebay.  Will I partnered a lot of the stuff with him and I still have stuff.  Take care and I will check in for message should you want to ride.  Still make it to Utah every other year and am still in Southern AZ.
      rocmoc in AZ/Mexico
    • By Davo
      I have a Hisun 400 UTV that has developed a sneaky oil leak from the end of the black plastic thing protruding from the side of what I think is the transmission on the driver’s side. Looking for any guidance or advice as to what this thing is and whether it’s fixable.