Quantcast

Transmission oil question Hisun 750 UTV

Hello,

The engine lubrication oil is not the same as the transmission/differential oil. The engine oil does "bathe" the clutch.

When you change the oil, there are different intervals for the engine and for the transmission/differential case. The oil types are also different for the engine and the differential case.

Best regards.

10 hours ago, hdtran said:

Hello,

The engine lubrication oil is not the same as the transmission/differential oil. The engine oil does "bathe" the clutch.

When you change the oil, there are different intervals for the engine and for the transmission/differential case. The oil types are also different for the engine and the differential case.

Best regards.

That's sort of a confusing answer because of the way hisun terminology works.

The engine & the wet clutch & the high/low/reverse gears (which is what we traditionally term a "transmission") all share oil.

The rear differential has its own oil, but it isn't a "transmission" except in hisuns terminology. They also use the term "final drive" or something like that in some literature.

• Like 2

Thanks, Thats what I thought but wasn't sure. All of the motoercycles I've owned have been that way but wasn't sure about the UTV because of the Hisun terminology. My UTV is a Bad Boy Bandit 750. But it's actually the same as the Hisun Sector 750.  Just bought it last month. Been a good machine so far. Plenty stout 

As far as I know the oils that need changed is 

1. Engine oil which also lubes the "transmission"

2. The front differential 

3. The real differential.

When changing the engine oil, I took the top hose off the oil cooler and used cheap, low pressure tire inflator (12v that plugs into cigarette socket) to blow the oil back through the lines. Then out the oil drain plug. It takes just a little more oil when changing. But 99% ( + - ) of the old oil is removed from the machine when changing oil. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.