Quantcast

Trooper rear seat

I am considering buying a trooper t2, but I would want to add arear bench seat for cruising around with the kids. I've seen a couple of people mention rear seats in the forums, but haven't seen a completed one yet. Has anyone done it? I'm also looking at differences between 08's and 09's. What should I look for?

I am considering buying a trooper t2, but I would want to add arear bench seat for cruising around with the kids. I've seen a couple of people mention rear seats in the forums, but haven't seen a completed one yet. Has anyone done it? I'm also looking at differences between 08's and 09's. What should I look for?

hope this link works,heres some photos.not safe (JMHO) Why not a T-4?

http://www.utvboard.com/post-a262-postbmp.html

If you are not mechanically inclined, wait for the new version about to arrive. Many improvements. Some will not like me saying this but it is MHO! Get a Rhino!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Get a Rhino??????

OOOOOOOH you're gonna loose your super moderator status on the joyner forum for that, but I still like you :lol::P

Kinarfi

Guest Lenny

If you are not mechanically inclined, wait for the new version about to arrive. Many improvements. Some will not like me saying this but it is MHO! Get a Rhino!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Naughty, Naughty:

I know where your coming from Mike but the Trooper is a good concept. Once they get it worked out it should be in a class of it's own. Your right the new ones will have lots of improvements and the 2011 model should be slick. I still don't like the Rhino. I would rather go with a Razer-s if I were to buy another unit which I may for my wife to drive. Keeping in mind that the driver has most of the fun unless your just touring. For myself, I'm happy with my Trooper albeit I've done lots to it to make it acceptable to me but now it's getting much closer to perfect. It won't be perfct unless I build it from scratch which I may do at some point.

Lenny

Lenny, you are correct on every count, Trooper is an Excellent Concept. Just needs refining & strengthening. BUT for a 4 seater the Rhino is better than the RZR. There were Two slick 4 seater setups at Farmington. Anyone get pics? When we were at the UTV Rally, I was very impressed by ALL of the toys.

Heat, heat, there ain't no stinkin heat! It has only been 100+ everyday since we returned.

I don't want to go with a t4 because of the length. The areas that I play in have a lot of spots where that t4 would get high-centered. I don't need anything as massive as what is in those pics from Ricksrb. Just a small 2-person bench to bring the kids along. As far as it not being safe, the kids are only gonna come with on the nice slow gentle family rides. There won't be anyone in the back when I'm out pushing this thing hard and getting stupid. Besides, it looks like it would be about as safe as the Rhinos with a back seat. I just don't like the Rhinos because I don't like the CVT. I want to be able to shift. Those CVTs keep the engine wrapped out so close to red line at all times that the engines don't seem to last long. (Almost every Rhino in my group has blown a motor.) I am very mechanically incllined so I can fix the stuff that needs to be improved, but I don't want to spend all of my free time wrenching on the thing. That's why I'm getting rid of my VW rail. Do the Troopers just need some improvements, or are you guys having to fix things a lot?

I don't want to go with a t4 because of the length. The areas that I play in have a lot of spots where that t4 would get high-centered. I don't need anything as massive as what is in those pics from Ricksrb. Just a small 2-person bench to bring the kids along. As far as it not being safe, the kids are only gonna come with on the nice slow gentle family rides. There won't be anyone in the back when I'm out pushing this thing hard and getting stupid. Besides, it looks like it would be about as safe as the Rhinos with a back seat. I just don't like the Rhinos because I don't like the CVT. I want to be able to shift. Those CVTs keep the engine wrapped out so close to red line at all times that the engines don't seem to last long. (Almost every Rhino in my group has blown a motor.) I am very mechanically incllined so I can fix the stuff that needs to be improved, but I don't want to spend all of my free time wrenching on the thing. That's why I'm getting rid of my VW rail. Do the Troopers just need some improvements, or are you guys having to fix things a lot?

They have a few problems, but I like mine a lot, rides 2 up front comfortably, will go almost anywhere, if you have read this forum, you know just about every thing there is to know and most of the fixes. As far as kid seats on the back, under the tire, I don't think there is a ready made set up, you could look at some steel folding chairs and weld all the joints and add seat belts or look at the original seats and make smaller copies of them. I'm 6' 4" and crippled and thoroughly enjoy my T2, after it starts :angry: , and can't think of any thing that could replace it except for maybe an old Willy's Jeep. The advantage there is it can be licensed for any road in Utah or the U.S.

Can you fill out your profile so we can all get to know you better.

Kinarfi

If you are going to do rock climbing, the CVT is much easier to control. Until we get a lower gear set for the diffs, when you put on large tires (which the Trooper really needs, IMHO) rock climbing is a B***H at times. If they ever come out with an Automatic in the Trooper it would be an upgrade for most people.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico