Quantcast

Went for a Ride

Went for a ride 6-30-01, CV came apart on some whoops, found a nice grassy spot and put it back together, need to shorten my limiting strap, got STUCK, Again, :rolleyes: , YOU ain't having fun if you don't get stuck!!! Developing some respect for winch power. Took some pictures and videos.

2010-06-30 Les Moss pictures, photos, and videos, from entertainment on webshots 2454478350104110397XpoKoi_th.jpg

Mary Ellen Gulch, American Fork Canyon, Utah

Kinarfi

Download to desk top and then open google earth and then drag and drop onto google earth.

Went for a ride 6-30-01, CV came apart on some whoops, found a nice grassy spot and put it back together, need to shorten my limiting strap, got STUCK, Again, :rolleyes: , YOU ain't having fun if you don't get stuck!!! Developing some respect for winch power. Took some pictures and videos.

2010-06-30 Les Moss pictures, photos, and videos, from entertainment on webshots 2454478350104110397XpoKoi_th.jpg

Mary Ellen Gulch, American Fork Canyon, Utah

Kinarfi

Download to desk top and then open google earth and then drag and drop onto google earth.

Shortly before the Les took the pictures 18 & 19, That big rock that you can see in picture 18 & 19 was right against my rear wheel and I didn't realize that I scratched the heck out of the wheel until I washed it yesterday. OWWW :( But I got it cleaned up now and since I had to reoil one shock after the jamboree, I figure I'll do the other and get rid of those long long shock bolts.

2347668250104110397Auqofe_th.jpg

Kinarfi, I really like how quiet your trooper is, what did you use for a new muffler. I can't find anything to use up in my neck of the woods and frankly, my trooper is just too loud!

Barry

Me too, I can go for a ride and talk to who ever is with me without screaming, the sound was very pleasing at first, sounded like power, but that gets old after an hour or two. Still use the headphones from my airplane once in a while for the noise of the squeaks and wind and all and the mikes on them make speaking so simple, don't have to raise you voice at all. The muffler is off of a Harley Davidson, Lenny found a set of 2 in a 2nd hand shop in St. George, Utah and put one on his and one on mine. Oh yea, I had to cut about a half inch off the end of the stock exhaust pipe.

LOVE IT.

Kinarfi

Guest Lenny

Kinarfi, I really like how quiet your trooper is, what did you use for a new muffler. I can't find anything to use up in my neck of the woods and frankly, my trooper is just too loud!

Barry

You can find harley mufflers on Ebay real cheap.

Harley Davidson touring muffler: eBay Motors (item 260626858274 end time Jul-04-10 18:40:19 PDT)

HARLEY DAVIDSON SPORSTER EHXAUST PIPES MUFFLER: eBay Motors (item 110552635674 end time Jul-05-10 05:28:40 PDT)

Lenny

Guest Lenny

Thanks Lenny and Kinarfi. I had thought about using a motorcycle exhaust but they're all 2" or smaller in diameter and the outlet diameter on the Trooper is 2.5 Did you just use an adapter?

No adapter needed. The Trooper has a 2" pipe coming out of the cat converter. I did use a real tight 90 degree elbow, about a 4" radius, to keep it tight to the rear of the frame.

Lenny

• 4 weeks later...

2489444980104110397oovtgf_th.jpg Went for a Ride 7-27>30-2010, 20100727-30 Chicken & Currant Creek pictures, photos, and videos, from current events on webshots Up around Strawberry Reservoir. Put on 224 miles according to my GPS . Got caught in the rain a few times, (blue tarp), had good time.

Kinarfi

PS

Should I pin this topic so other can post their rides? Should I not post mime? Does anyone care? B)

Went for a Ride 7-27>30-2010, 20100727-30 Chicken & Currant Creek pictures, photos, and videos, from current events on webshots Up around Strawberry Reservoir. Put on 224 miles according to my GPS . Got caught in the rain a few times, (blue tarp), had good time.

Kinarfi

PS

Should I pin this topic so other can post their rides? Should I not post mime? Does anyone care? B)

One thing I would like to comment on in regards to my compression problems, presumably rings, is that every morning, I had to have a hill to coast down to get things started, once the engine had warmed up, it started like a champ every time for the rest of the day, I did notice I am down on power, rings again, but it starts and runs and I saw lots of green, beautiful scenery and the weather for the most part was great, it had rained some, so the dust was down. It's fly season there, so there were quite a few flies and depending on where you were, the mosquitoes were tolerable to bad. Planning a return trip with my son and grand kids soon.

Kinarfi

• 3 weeks later...

Went for another ride ( http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/578401809wPUGkE ) -- Wildcat Canyon and Strawberry Pinnacles, Aug 14 thru 16, 181.8 GPS Miles. Some really nice scenery and fun trails, even if some long, good roads petered into nothing and some others came to a locked gate. Had one minor accident, tried to turn around in a wide spot on a narrow road, backed up a hill with a hard right, planning to follow up with a hard left, but when I went to hit the brakes, my foot missed the brake peddle and got caught under it and I forgot the keep turning to the left and went off the road down hill until some aspens stopped me after running over some smaller ones. Put it in 4X4 and Locker and backed back up onto the road. Damage: both front fenders cracked or broken and the supports on the left side bent downward, other than that, OK, but that's plenty of damage for me, I don't want any more. :blink: Still coasting down hill or pulling to get started every morning after the engine cools off, :angry: thinking about wrapping it at night with a blanket to see if it stays warm enough to start in the morning, <_< .

There are some advantages to not working, you get to play during the week while everyone is working and you're only one out there, for better or worse!

Kinarfi

• Like 1

Went for another ride ( http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/578401809wPUGkE ) -- Wildcat Canyon and Strawberry Pinnacles, Aug 14 thru 16, 181.8 GPS Miles. Some really nice scenery and fun trails, even if some long, good roads petered into nothing and some others came to a locked gate. Had one minor accident, tried to turn around in a wide spot on a narrow road, backed up a hill with a hard right, planning to follow up with a hard left, but when I went to hit the brakes, my foot missed the brake peddle and got caught under it and I forgot the keep turning to the left and went off the road down hill until some aspens stopped me after running over some smaller ones. Put it in 4X4 and Locker and backed back up onto the road. Damage: both front fenders cracked or broken and the supports on the left side bent downward, other than that, OK, but that's plenty of damage for me, I don't want any more. :blink: Still coasting down hill or pulling to get started every morning after the engine cools off, :angry: thinking about wrapping it at night with a blanket to see if it stays warm enough to start in the morning, <_< .

There are some advantages to not working, you get to play during the week while everyone is working and you're only one out there, for better or worse!

Kinarfi

Put an electric heater under it overnite. That's got me thinking. You could heat just the area of the radiator, lower right rear, where the Temp sensor is and see if that helps. Then try the MAP sensor on the intake manifold. Even the oxygen sensors on the exhaust and the temp sensor on the front of the cylinder head. You get the idea, maybe you can isolate the problem this way. 181 miles, that is a long way. Parking brake didn't work?

Lenny

Put an electric heater under it overnite. That's got me thinking. You could heat just the area of the radiator, lower right rear, where the Temp sensor is and see if that helps. Then try the MAP sensor on the intake manifold. Even the oxygen sensors on the exhaust and the temp sensor on the front of the cylinder head. You get the idea, maybe you can isolate the problem this way. 181 miles, that is a long way. Parking brake didn't work?

Lenny

Nope, no parking break, burned it out by leaving it on too many times and there is a leak in the left side where it attaches to the calipers, fixing it tomorrow, I hope, and putting new pads on the parking brake. Anyone find an alternate yet, let me know and I'll put in the parts & pieces post.

My thinking is that the oil is up in the rings and the cylinders are warm and the air is warm so it starts, When I start it for the first time, I can tell that it lights on or two the others catch on as I go faster and I'm not sure if it makes or not, but I hold the throttle wide open as I start and keep the rpms up for a little while.

I think I will try putting a heater under one night to see if it helps, good idea.

Nope, no parking break, burned it out by leaving it on too many times and there is a leak in the left side where it attaches to the calipers, fixing it tomorrow, I hope, and putting new pads on the parking brake.

Guess I shouldn't been surprised, House Of Hose wouldn't fix my brake line, flat refused even though they could have, "LIABILITY" and for them to build a new one was $75.00 so I looked at http://www.jmcmotors.us/my_account.php and it was only $29.21, brake pads were $11.40, per set I hope, ORDERED!!

Now to build some sort of visual, audio alarm for when I leave the brake on.

Kinarfi

• 1 month later...