Quantcast

Trooper Snorkel

Ernie

I have one of the first 5000 troopers made, so I have the metal deck on the "safari" rack.

I re-routed the air tube from the front towards the back, drilled a hole into the deck, added some tube and bolted it up to the frame of the rack using the same mounting holes the chrome tube had.

Engine breathes much better now.

There is enough slack in the rubber tubing underneath to raise the rack.

Similar operation for the radiator and fan. Engine stays much cooler with it mounted up top.

I also removed the center bar that ran thru the center of the deck.

It was relatively simple to do both.

Hope this helpsyou out Mike.

Ernie

post-301-127802820835_thumb.jpg

That's what I call, thinking outside the box.....excuse the pun. I gave up wondering how I could route a hose outside of my Enclosure and as the Trooper tray doesn't really get used that often, I reckon your idea is a good one. Personally, at some stage I'd like to use an air ram on top of the rear of the enclosure roof & then on to a box filter (not the stock 09 one) but that would have to evolve a quick release hose to open and close the tray or a hole in the enclosure.

Speaking of Enclosures, I would be interested in knowing if anyone with a Trooper T2/T4, Renegade R2/R4 or Commando C2/C4 would considered a good quality American made aftermarket UTV Enclosure for their Joyner if available. Like Ernie, I'll start another topic to keep this one clear.

Cheers Mike.

That's what I call, thinking outside the box.....excuse the pun. I gave up wondering how I could route a hose outside of my Enclosure and as the Trooper tray doesn't really get used that often, I reckon your idea is a good one. Personally, at some stage I'd like to use an air ram on top of the rear of the enclosure roof & then on to a box filter (not the stock 09 one) but that would have to evolve a quick release hose to open and close the tray or a hole in the enclosure.

Speaking of Enclosures, I would be interested in knowing if anyone with a Trooper T2/T4, Renegade R2/R4 or Commando C2/C4 would considered a good quality American made aftermarket UTV Enclosure for their Joyner if available. Like Ernie, I'll start another topic to keep this one clear.

Cheers Mike.

BTW, I also put some extruded metal about 2 inches in front of the radiator so if anything on the deck should get too close to the radiator, it won't smash the fins.

The moving of the radiator and snorkel, really helped me, as I had an overheating problem before doing so.

Ernie

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.