Quantcast

Doors

rocmoc

Was watching Outdoor Channel's Top Truck Challenge last Monday and say this little Suzuki Sumurai with the type of doors I want to make. Was much better views on TV as you could see the door opens. Here is a site of some still pics http://www.fourwheeler.com/top_truck_challenge/2010/129_1006_ttc_10_tow_test_ryan_knoche_1990_suzuki_samurai_buggy/photo_10.html

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

That thing sure looks like it would go anywhere. Love the big tires. The door coverings is almost exactely what I am going to do except like you said they need to swing open. I figure I can make swing open doors that are just as strong as welded in. I also want mine to go all the way up to protect the shoulder and head from side intrusions. I'll even have expanded metal covering them. When I was mountain biking with a friend of mine, we were 8 miles in, he fell and landed on a stob. It penetrared his side just under his arm pit and punched through pushing his lung in and breaking off inside. I'm at a point in life where life couldn't get better and I don't want to ruin it because I'm assuming it won't happen to me. Only problem is that the more I protect myself the wilder I get so it probably isn't making me any safer.

Lenny

Lenny, on my computer I can blow up the pics. In the second pic I can clearly see a hinge on the two rear tubes of the door with the latch near the firewall. They built them as suicide doors. The side & head protection is stationary.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

I went back and looked. Yes, you can clearly see the hinges.

Enjoyed seeing it again. Evidently he didn't have a tubing bender when he did the upper rear roll cage but he still did a nice job, I like it.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By NicholasNWM09
      Hello Everyone,
      COOL NEW Product Alert! 
      A company called NEW Wire Marine or NEW Wire has Badass custom panels for UTV, Buggy/Hunting trucks. From Fully wired switch panels with laser etched rockers with backlights in 5 different colors, to just parts like voltmeters, phone, USB and 12 v chargers. Rockers can be printed, or custom laser etched rockers and they even have sleek labeled pushbuttons. They are a first-class company with a great knowledgeable staff and outstanding customer service. Switches are based on 12v or 24v circuits and they also have marine grade wire and connectors, which is perfect for waterproofing your system!
      Go check them out!
      Check out the websites : https://newwiremarine.com/ and https://rockerswitchpros.com

• By NicholasNWM09
      Hello Everyone, COOL NEW Product Alert! A company called NEW Wire Marine or NEW Wire has Badass custom panels for UTV, Buggy/Hunting trucks. From Fully wired switch panels with laser etched rockers with backlights in 5 different colors, to just parts like voltmeters, phone, USB and 12 v chargers. Rockers can be printed, or custom laser etched rockers and they even have sleek labeled pushbuttons. They are a first-class company with a great knowledgeable staff and outstanding customer service. Switches are based on 12v or 24v circuits and they also have marine grade wire and connectors, which is perfect for waterproofing your system! Go check them out!!!Honda - xxxx - UTV Pioneer - xx'.pdf
    • By Grub
      Good afternoon. 
      im in the market for doors for my ranger/ rzr sxs. I’m finding lower doors, but what I’d really want is full doors so I don’t have to unzip when exiting. I have a hardtop if it makes any difference. Anyone? 
    • By res2fr
      I have an issue and I'm hoping that someone can help with a little Wisdom. I have a 2016 Massimo MSU500 UTV that blew a time chain while out riding. It has been torn down to replave the chain and Sprocket amount other things that will be renewed. The problem comes in with setting Top Dead Center on the motor. The Manuals all teel one to line up hash marks on the flywheel with a point on the side cover under what's referred to in several place as a manhole cover. Its a large headed cap/bolt that unscrews and allows you to view the edge of the flywheel. There are hash marks on the flywheel that your supposed to turn the crank until you get the proper alignment between a certain hash mark and a reference point on the Case. Problem is there is NO reference point on the case there. I also have another 2016 MSU500 and a 2014 Coleman 500. Not one of these machines have a reference mark of any kind in that location. (I have pictures if needed) 
        I know I can use the old pull the valve covers and rotate the crank and rely on getting the right point where Both Intake and Exhaust valves are closed at hopefully the correct point in the piston stroke. Is there any other reference point that could be used for this or is this the only thing left to use for finding TDC? Gotta Love documentation that doesn't match the equipment it's supposed to be for, any help would be greatly appreciated. Even if just to tell me that's about my only option. 

Thanks to all who even take the time to read my rambling question.
      Robert
    • By Andy McGee
      I would like to perform most all my own servicing on the Kubota rtv-x1140. What is the best way to raise the machine for skid plate removal, etc?  I would like it to be parallel with the ground after elevated. It is difficult for me doing that lying under it on the ground.  I’m not certain where safe lift points are. Can I use a residential 2 post car lift?, or is a “drive on” platform the only option?