Quantcast

Kinarfi

Going out for a Ride, Come Joyn Us

If you know you are going for a ride a day or two in advance and would like to invite others to go along, add a post with details. After you've been on your ride, Delete your post.

Lenny & I are planning to go look at the Monticello / Blanding Utah area so we can get some information about having our next get together / Jamboree and where to ride, camp, etc. We are planning to be there Friday Sept. 17 Saturday and Sunday. We have nothing really set, just to explore and see what we can find.

If any one would like to join in, Please let us know. I believe we will each have our campers and Troopers and be camping. More details as become available.

Kinarfi

Don't forget about how big of a campsite I need. AND Flat. Campsite is important! Lots of room to turn around. Sorry I can't meet you guys but already getting ready to leave for Texas.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

EDIT- Kinarfi -- 10-4 Good Buddy :lol:

We have talked ourselves out of going to Baja.

SO,

We are going to make a trip to Yuma, AZ. in Dec to ride. Any interest? Maybe we can get a tour of SilverBullet's Shop/Store, show us his stuff and talk him into taking us on a day of guided tour of the area. If not, we will be there anyway sometime towards the second half of the month. May even make it up to LH to ride with Rick. Rick are up for it? Just starting the brainstorming!

rocmoc n AZ

SO,

We are going to make a trip to Yuma, AZ. in Dec to ride. Any interest? Maybe we can get a tour of SilverBullet's Shop/Store, show us his stuff and talk him into taking us on a day of guided tour of the area. If not, we will be there anyway sometime towards the second half of the month. May even make it up to LH to ride with Rick. Rick are up for it? Just starting the brainstorming!

rocmoc n AZ

Sounds great,Get me some dates and I will see if I can get some time off.

SO,

rocmoc n AZ

Don't blame you for not going to Mexico. Looks like things there are getting more dangerous for traverlers. Yuma might be interesting but don't think I'll be ready, depends when.

Lenny

For Yuma, probably Dec 14th to 20th. LH the 10th to the 14th. Closest guess for now.

Anyone have any campground recommendations for Yuma or Lake Havasu?

rocmoc n AZ

For Yuma, probably Dec 14th to 20th. LH the 10th to the 14th. Closest guess for now.

Anyone have any campground recommendations for Yuma or Lake Havasu?

rocmoc n AZ

No idea for Yuma.Lake Havasu has many.I used to stay at Crazy Horse on the Island.That time of year their are alot of snowbirds there so it should not be as wild as it gets during the summer months.We would get a site on their North beach,its close to the channel that runs under the London Bridge and they are close to the water.They also dont have(or least they didnt)much in the way of restrictions on golf carts,utvs,or motorcycles going through the campground.

Thought that place was closed.use to see boondockers from the 95 as we drove by but now I see why.Guess they moved the camping back between the hills.I have never been in there but next trip I will check it out.As far as the place south of there that looks good also.All I have to do is get the time off and hope the wife can do the same.Our daughter is expecting her first any now(in fact shes late)so the wife will be taking time off for that,just hope she can get more.

Well we aren't coming to LH without you guys. We will do only the Yuma loop, LOL!

Good luck,

rocmoc

Worse comes to worse I can be there for the weekend.so far no other takers?Be nice to get more.Lots of trails.One ride I have been wanting to go on is from Havasu to Topoc,they have a marina with a nice place to eat but now they closed it and building a 100+ room resort so cant go there till they re-open.

Goin out to North Glamis this coming weekend if anybody can make it.Going to be staying at the North Glamis KOA Campground.

Rocmoc,

I took this short video this past Saturday of the entrance(starting about 100 yds off the 95) heading into Craggy Wash.Only went in about a mile or so.

WOW, thanks Rick! Looks great for pulling the Toyhauler in and plenty of places to camp. I like the fact there are a few other RVs around. Works for us, how about you? Hopefully you will be able to take the weekend off. Anyone else?

rocmoc n AZ/CA

WOW, thanks Rick! Looks great for pulling the Toyhauler in and plenty of places to camp. I like the fact there are a few other RVs around. Works for us, how about you? Hopefully you will be able to take the weekend off. Anyone else?

rocmoc n AZ/CA

Yea you should not have any problems with the toyhauler.The road went back further and I am sure their were more camping back there.This was taken around 8:30 in the morning and I had been driving since 4am on only a few hours sleep so I was in a hurry to get to our place in Havasu to get some work done that morning.Its looking good for that weekend you will be there,still trying to make arraingements for an xtra day or two off.

Son and Grandson down from Alaska for the Holiday and while sitting around watching a little football decided to take the Trooper out to El Mirage for the day tomorrow.We have never been there but its only a couple hour drive so wont be to bad a drive just for the day.Sure it will be crowded though.

Son and Grandson down from Alaska for the Holiday and while sitting around watching a little football decided to take the Trooper out to El Mirage for the day tomorrow.We have never been there but its only a couple hour drive so wont be to bad a drive just for the day.Sure it will be crowded though.

Well, be careful,, think of poor Quig up here in the cold & snow!! lol Have fun,,,Quig