Quantcast

Going out for a Ride, Come Joyn Us

Kinarfi

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lenny & I are planning to go look at the Monticello / Blanding Utah area so we can get some information about having our next get together / Jamboree and where to ride, camp, etc. We are planning to be there Friday Sept. 17 Saturday and Sunday. We have nothing really set, just to explore and see what we can find.

If any one would like to join in, Please let us know. I believe we will each have our campers and Troopers and be camping. More details as become available.

Kinarfi

• 1 month later...

We have talked ourselves out of going to Baja.

SO,

We are going to make a trip to Yuma, AZ. in Dec to ride. Any interest? Maybe we can get a tour of SilverBullet's Shop/Store, show us his stuff and talk him into taking us on a day of guided tour of the area. If not, we will be there anyway sometime towards the second half of the month. May even make it up to LH to ride with Rick. Rick are up for it? Just starting the brainstorming!

rocmoc n AZ

SO,

We are going to make a trip to Yuma, AZ. in Dec to ride. Any interest? Maybe we can get a tour of SilverBullet's Shop/Store, show us his stuff and talk him into taking us on a day of guided tour of the area. If not, we will be there anyway sometime towards the second half of the month. May even make it up to LH to ride with Rick. Rick are up for it? Just starting the brainstorming!

rocmoc n AZ

Sounds great,Get me some dates and I will see if I can get some time off.

SO,

rocmoc n AZ

Don't blame you for not going to Mexico. Looks like things there are getting more dangerous for traverlers. Yuma might be interesting but don't think I'll be ready, depends when.

Lenny

For Yuma, probably Dec 14th to 20th. LH the 10th to the 14th. Closest guess for now.

Anyone have any campground recommendations for Yuma or Lake Havasu?

rocmoc n AZ

No idea for Yuma.Lake Havasu has many.I used to stay at Crazy Horse on the Island.That time of year their are alot of snowbirds there so it should not be as wild as it gets during the summer months.We would get a site on their North beach,its close to the channel that runs under the London Bridge and they are close to the water.They also dont have(or least they didnt)much in the way of restrictions on golf carts,utvs,or motorcycles going through the campground.

Thought that place was closed.use to see boondockers from the 95 as we drove by but now I see why.Guess they moved the camping back between the hills.I have never been in there but next trip I will check it out.As far as the place south of there that looks good also.All I have to do is get the time off and hope the wife can do the same.Our daughter is expecting her first any now(in fact shes late)so the wife will be taking time off for that,just hope she can get more.

Well we aren't coming to LH without you guys. We will do only the Yuma loop, LOL!

Good luck,

rocmoc

Worse comes to worse I can be there for the weekend.so far no other takers?Be nice to get more.Lots of trails.One ride I have been wanting to go on is from Havasu to Topoc,they have a marina with a nice place to eat but now they closed it and building a 100+ room resort so cant go there till they re-open.

• 2 weeks later...

Rocmoc,

I took this short video this past Saturday of the entrance(starting about 100 yds off the 95) heading into Craggy Wash.Only went in about a mile or so.

WOW, thanks Rick! Looks great for pulling the Toyhauler in and plenty of places to camp. I like the fact there are a few other RVs around. Works for us, how about you? Hopefully you will be able to take the weekend off. Anyone else?

rocmoc n AZ/CA

Yea you should not have any problems with the toyhauler.The road went back further and I am sure their were more camping back there.This was taken around 8:30 in the morning and I had been driving since 4am on only a few hours sleep so I was in a hurry to get to our place in Havasu to get some work done that morning.Its looking good for that weekend you will be there,still trying to make arraingements for an xtra day or two off.

• 3 weeks later...

Son and Grandson down from Alaska for the Holiday and while sitting around watching a little football decided to take the Trooper out to El Mirage for the day tomorrow.We have never been there but its only a couple hour drive so wont be to bad a drive just for the day.Sure it will be crowded though.

Son and Grandson down from Alaska for the Holiday and while sitting around watching a little football decided to take the Trooper out to El Mirage for the day tomorrow.We have never been there but its only a couple hour drive so wont be to bad a drive just for the day.Sure it will be crowded though.

Well, be careful,, think of poor Quig up here in the cold & snow!! lol Have fun,,,Quig

Update for Lake Havasu to Yuma trip.

Still waiting for trailer suspension parts. Shocks have arrived and will be mounted in time. I am going to leave my existing rear bearings and pickup NEW bearing from Silverbullet at the end of the trip. Silverbulllet you are welcome to join us. Lenny believes he may be ready about the 14th. It will take me that long as well.

rocmoc n AZ

Update for Lake Havasu to Yuma trip.

Still waiting for trailer suspension parts. Shocks have arrived and will be mounted in time. I am going to leave my existing rear bearings and pickup NEW bearing from Silverbullet at the end of the trip. Silverbulllet you are welcome to join us. Lenny believes he may be ready about the 14th. It will take me that long as well.

rocmoc n AZ

Because of the upcoming Holidays it might be impossible for me to make it if your looking at that weekend of the 18th and 19th.

Rick, Lenny and anyone else who wants to come.

Second weekend in Jan. 2011. which would be Jan 7th - 9th. Would that work? Historical weather says it should be warmer than Dec. And Lenny you could follow us back to the house and complete your AZ visits. You too Kinarfi!

My parts for the trailer arrived tonight @ 8pm via FedEx. I still have to do a lot of welding & installation. Also parts for the heater won't arrive until next week.

rocmoc n AZ

Second weekend in Jan. 2011. which would be Jan 7th - 9th. Would that work? Historical weather says it should be warmer than Dec. And Lenny you could follow us back to the house and complete your AZ visits. You too Kinarfi!

My parts for the trailer arrived tonight @ 8pm via FedEx. I still have to do a lot of welding & installation. Also parts for the heater won't arrive until next week.

rocmoc n AZ

That will work for me,might even be able to get a day or two xtra off."PARTS FOR HEATER" whats with this??? when are you installing the satellite dish and microwave????(LOL) actually I was looking at a heater also,of course it is only to make the wife happy(lol)

rocmoc n AZ

That works better for Jeanne and I. I'm coming along fine on my computer install but until it's running decent I have no way to know if I'm going to run into problems. The 7th - 9th gives me the time to get things resolved. That may be too early to go to Tuson for our yearly visit but then again maybe not. Depends on when Jeannes sister and brother inlaw get there from Michigan fro the winter. Usually they fly in to Tuson on New Years day.

Lenny

• 2 weeks later...

That works better for Jeanne and I. I'm coming along fine on my computer install but until it's running decent I have no way to know if I'm going to run into problems. The 7th - 9th gives me the time to get things resolved. That may be too early to go to Tuson for our yearly visit but then again maybe not. Depends on when Jeannes sister and brother inlaw get there from Michigan fro the winter. Usually they fly in to Tuson on New Years day.

Lenny

Lenny,rocmoc,

How is it looking for that weekend? anyone else?

We are coming to LH and then south towards Yuma. We will arrive mid-day fri the 7th. Leave Sun late Afternoon or Mon traveling an hour to the small dune area West of Quartzsite for a couple of days. Then on for a day or two in Yuma.

Anyone is welcome at any of the locations.

This is the only chance we are going to have for a couple of months.

rocmoc n AZ

We are coming to LH and then south towards Yuma. We will arrive mid-day fri the 7th. Leave Sun late Afternoon or Mon traveling an hour to the small dune area West of Quartzsite for a couple of days. Then on for a day or two in Yuma.

Anyone is welcome at any of the locations.

This is the only chance we are going to have for a couple of months.

rocmoc n AZ

Have the computer installed and wired except for the cam position sensor. Needed to change it out. Found one to fit (Hyundai Accent 99-05) with a small shim under it and slotting its mount hole a bit but need to figure out the callouts for the terminals, they are different then stock. Should be able to calibrate things and attempt a start in a few days. I'll feel threatened until it starts then it should get easier. Still planning on the Yuma trip as scheduled.

Lenny

• 2 weeks later...

Big hurdle, Toyhauler is road-worthy again. Greased the bearings yesterday and adjusted. I have one maintenance item for the Trooper (will preform today) and then everything else is cream. Some of the cream is a mount for the ice chest & small gas can. I would like to make the mount for the spare tire a little more secure. All three of these things aren't necessary for the trip so basically we well be ready after today. Just in time as our weather is finally turning cooler with a possibility of moisture. Need to load the trash trailer today also and make a run to the dump tomorrow. BUT I am excited to be soooooo close.

rocmoc n AZ