Quantcast

Seat side bar

ricksrb

I will when I do my doors. I think snowman did when he put doors on the rig he brought to Farmington. He has pics in his old post.

rocmoc n AZ

yea snowman did.I was planning on doing it when i do the doors also but just thinking about doing it now.Have to hold off getting that pipe/tubing bender i want for a little while.

yea snowman did.I was planning on doing it when i do the doors also but just thinking about doing it now.Have to hold off getting that pipe/tubing bender i want for a little while.

What type of tube bender are you getting.I'm getting one and a welder for christmas I'm going to redo my role cage and make some doors allso

Plumber, what kind of tube bender are you getting? I have been looking myself and was considering either getting a Harbor Freight and making upgrades/mods http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bending_forging_extrusion/3356-home_built_tubing_bender-2.html or http://www.pro-tools.com/

I just bought a Millermatic 180 Mig and love it. I had a buddy that moved away last year and I used his until he left. Loved it so I finally had to step up and buy one myself. I found my local Airgas shop beat their online price and everything else on the net except two on Ebay located on the East Coast. If I had a problem support would be better if I bought locally and I like to keep my bucks in the community when possible. Mine was $1022 out the door with the large tank, one size down from the biggest tank, an extra large spool of wire. I bought the Mig cart at Harbor Freight on sale for $43 but had to make a couple of mods. It now works perfectly. 2947946210104282158hCLyye_th.jpg

Good luck,

rocmoc n AZ

Plumber, what kind of tube bender are you getting? I have been looking myself and was considering either getting a Harbor Freight and making upgrades/mods http://www.cnczone.c...g_bender-2.html or http://www.pro-tools.com/

I just bought a Millermatic 180 Mig and love it. I had a buddy that moved away last year and I used his until he left. Loved it so I finally had to step up and buy one myself. I found my local Airgas shop beat their online price and everything else on the net except two on Ebay located on the East Coast. If I had a problem support would be better if I bought locally and I like to keep my bucks in the community when possible. Mine was $1022 out the door with the large tank, one size down from the biggest tank, an extra large spool of wire. I bought the Mig cart at Harbor Freight on sale for $43 but had to make a couple of mods. It now works perfectly. 2947946210104282158hCLyye_th.jpg

Good luck,

rocmoc n AZ

I bought the Lincoln Electric Pro MIG 180-Amp Welder I look at that same cart today at HF but I bought the one at lowes it was 89.00 as for the bender I bought a set of plans a real good set it's air/hydraulic bender I bought the cycler at HF today http://www.harborfre...jack-94562.html you buy the dies at pro-tools the 105 model fits it.I'm thinking I can build it for about 400.00 plus dies.I have a friend that owens a machine shop and he is going to cnc (I think thats what they call it)cut out everything for me and all I have to do is weld it.

I have both the harbor freight hand hydraulic bender and an Hausfield bender. The harbor freight one I found at a pawn shop and it does work pretty good. You do have to put flat plates on the pins that do the wrapping of the pipe around the block or the pins will put fairly deep impressions in the pipe. The other problem is the size of the bending blocks. I have 4 blocks and I'm restricted to those pipe diameters. Eventually I'll make more blocks but it's not real easy. They will need to be machined out of a fairly large piece of round stock on the lathe but can be done. Look on RaceDezert classified site, I see various type benders there fairly often. you might wnat to consider something that has a large variety of bending blocks available as options so you can get just what you need. The standard large size Hausfield bender will handle stock up to 4" wide so for example you could bend a piece of 1/2x4" hot roll (not cold roll). I built my own and patterned it after a Hausfield but mine will handle 6" wide and heavier all the way through. I redesigned some of their bending attachments to improve on bending quality and flexibility. Wouldn't give it up for anything. The full sized Housfield would bend the tubing for car building easily but not the cheap miniture copies. The actual Housfield is not cheap either. Another opton is to find a used muffler shop bender. I walked away from one in Las Vegas a while back that was $2000 with a lot of dies. With the economy slowly improving (real slowly), Muffrler shops will see less business as more people will be replacing rather then fixing and I think these benders will be able to be found for $1000 or so.

Lenny

I have both the harbor freight hand hydraulic bender and an Hausfield bender. The harbor freight one I found at a pawn shop and it does work pretty good. You do have to put flat plates on the pins that do the wrapping of the pipe around the block or the pins will put fairly deep impressions in the pipe.

Lenny

Sounds like you didn't get the rollers with your unit, take a look that them in this link and then you can make some for yours, maybe even a couple of sizes for big and little pipe.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton-hydraulic-pipe-bender-32888.html

Kinarfi

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.