Quantcast

Alternator

rwwiefer

Is there an Alternator I can get at a local parts store for a 2006 Commando 650.

Also does anyone know if other UTV's wheels will fit a Commando.

Hi Silverbullet

Any early gm truck alt sigle wire.big lead goes to battery pos post.Then find the one wire that gets hot on old plug with key on install spade on wier and plug in new alt.Tape wires left over and your good to go.

• 6 years later...

where are you at on this planet :)

If you want to send your alternator to me, I can most likely fix it, I have before, I have a chip or two laying around that you can have, just look at the copper winding and if they're not burnt, then it just needs a diode or 2 and maybe a new regulator (chip) 

Your costs are postage, both ways and maybe a few incidental, but probably not.

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

Took the alt to autozone and they claimed they couldn't test it because they can't tell the machine what the alt belonged to and they don't have the proper wiring to hook it up.  I replaced it with a Toyota alt that bolted in but still have issues.   The new alt runs up over 15 volts.   My thinking is the rectifier/regulator is bad.    Sorry for my delayed responses but I work out of town sometimes weeks at a time.  I appreciate the offer and will likely take you up on trying to repair the other for a backup. I also noticed after I replaced it and fired the machine up that the fuel pump continued to run after shutting it off.   Only way I can stop it is to disconnect the battery.  Lots of Gremlins in this Commando.  I don't know if it's a short or possibly related to the rectifier/regulator or what.