Quantcast

Wonder if it will fit?

Jarrad

Cruising the web, I tripped over this and am trying to figure out how to get one and how to make it work.

http://cheryengine.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008830697655/pdtl/Gas-engine/1040363314/1.3L-SC-Gasoline-Engine.htm

I think stock that we are running about 95 LB FT of torque and this engine is 134. That is a nice increase and the engine is small enough to probably fit ok and I think the drive line would hold it ok. Not if your letting the clutch fly. You could probably buy the whole engine for less then a supercharger installation. Then again they also make a small diesel that has about 220 LB FT of torque and a nice 6 speed tranny to go with it. That is the one I like. Now you are getting serious. I sujested to JMC when they first took over the line to have a Trooper made from the factory with that combination. In fact, I offered my services free of charge if they would let me help redesign the Trooper. Never heard back. "This concept has so much potential, I would like to see it built to what it's potential is.

Lenny

I think stock that we are running about 95 LB FT of torque and this engine is 134. That is a nice increase and the engine is small enough to probably fit ok and I think the drive line would hold it ok. Not if your letting the clutch fly. You could probably buy the whole engine for less then a supercharger installation. Then again they also make a small diesel that has about 220 LB FT of torque and a nice 6 speed tranny to go with it. That is the one I like. Now you are getting serious. I sujested to JMC when they first took over the line to have a Trooper made from the factory with that combination. In fact, I offered my services free of charge if they would let me help redesign the Trooper. Never heard back. "This concept has so much potential, I would like to see it built to what it's potential is.

Lenny

Lenny, I shot you an E-mail.. That diesel motor looks good, but there would probably have to be a whole re-design of the ass end of the buggy to make it work, not to mention that there would need to be big upgrades to the differentials. I got my first pictures the otehr day from a customer who got one of the "upgraded" diffs about a year and a few months ago... It was not a pretty sight, although the ring and pinion did survive.

Lenny, I shot you an E-mail.. That diesel motor looks good, but there would probably have to be a whole re-design of the ass end of the buggy to make it work, not to mention that there would need to be big upgrades to the differentials. I got my first pictures the otehr day from a customer who got one of the "upgraded" diffs about a year and a few months ago... It was not a pretty sight, although the ring and pinion did survive.

I always figured that could be a future project. Re-designing would be a must and I would redesign the entire suspension and running gear. Hey, currently there are a lot of people putting lots of big bucks into their machines to get them to preform correctly. I wouldn't have any problem paying an extra $5000-$6000 extra for a kick ass machine that did everything well, real well. Have a diesel with 31" tires stock and a good 14 to 18" of great suspension and a low range. We could probably get Flatbed to help on the suspension design. He not only does do that as a professional he also came in 2nd overall in the Baja 1000 to back up his ability. Wow, it could get exciting.

Lenny

I always figured that could be a future project. Re-designing would be a must and I would redesign the entire suspension and running gear. Hey, currently there are a lot of people putting lots of big bucks into their machines to get them to preform correctly. I wouldn't have any problem paying an extra $5000-$6000 extra for a kick ass machine that did everything well, real well. Have a diesel with 31" tires stock and a good 14 to 18" of great suspension and a low range. We could probably get Flatbed to help on the suspension design. He not only does do that as a professional he also came in 2nd overall in the Baja 1000 to back up his ability. Wow, it could get exciting.

Lenny

That would be fun, There is so much more you could do with a diesel motor to squeeze more power out of them, only downside of that motor is that it is a common rail system. They can be enhanced, but not as well as the older diesels.. with those the sky and your pocket book is the limit.

Jarrad

That would be fun, There is so much more you could do with a diesel motor to squeeze more power out of them, only downside of that motor is that it is a common rail system. They can be enhanced, but not as well as the older diesels.. with those the sky and your pocket book is the limit.

Jarrad

Maybe we could break into the heads for direct injection.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.