Quantcast

Trooper ride report

Guest Lenny

Guest Lenny

Spent the past weekend in Tucson, AZ visiting my wifes sister and brother snd spouces. I took the time to go down and see Rocmoc with the idea that hopefully he would have time to ride. Needless to say, I didn't have to bend his arm. He was anxious to get out and ride. For both of us, it has been about 4 month since any real rides. This was the first real trail riding I've done since all the upgrades I have done. Things like different seats, glass windsheild, new winch, extended front skid plate, new roll cage and most important, the final dyno tuning. The trails at Rocmocs were great with lots of good hills on which to try out the new power. We were running some pretty tough hills in not only 3rd gear but also in fourth. Lots of power. Don't need any more. In forth gear, the locked rear still brakes loose and starts to slide around a bit.

I also got a chance to see Rocmocs house project. Very impressed. The work he has done so far has been well thought out and executed professionally. When his place is done, it will be very elegant and liveable. Sorry to say, but unfortunately, he still has a lot of work to do. But, it will be well worth it. He has taken on a good sized project and a lot of work has been done. The potential is already showing thru. Looking forward to seeing it when it's done. Keep up the good job Mike.

That was Saturday. On Sunday I got a chance to ride a portion of the Rancher trail system north of Tucson. Rocmoc told me it was good and he was rtight. This was one of the best trails I have ever been on. Tricky terrain a good portion of the way. Wow, what a great ride. Didn't get the chance to do any hot dogging because I had Jeannes 77 year old sister 'Carol' and her 80 year old husband 'Elmer' with Alzheimers loaded. Jeanne and her sister were in the back on the deck. I needed to take it real easy. It tool 3 of us to get Carol in the back and 4 of us to get her out. She is over weight and not too mobile anymore. When back, Carol immediately started calling family to tell about the exciting ride her and Elmer had on the Trooper. Gosh, we had to talk them onto going to begin with. They thought they couldn't do this kind of stuff anymore. They were thrilled.

Got back monday night and today is time to get caught up on the forum and throw in my 2 cents worth.

Thanks Rocmoc for a good time.

Lenny

Spent the past weekend in Tucson, AZ visiting my wifes sister and brother snd spouces. I took the time to go down and see Rocmoc with the idea that hopefully he would have time to ride. Needless to say, I didn't have to bend his arm. He was anxious to get out and ride. For both of us, it has been about 4 month since any real rides. This was the first real trail riding I've done since all the upgrades I have done. Things like different seats, glass windsheild, new winch, extended front skid plate, new roll cage and most important, the final dyno tuning. The trails at Rocmocs were great with lots of good hills on which to try out the new power. We were running some pretty tough hills in not only 3rd gear but also in fourth. Lots of power. Don't need any more. In forth gear, the locked rear still brakes loose and starts to slide around a bit.

I also got a chance to see Rocmocs house project. Very impressed. The work he has done so far has been well thought out and executed professionally. When his place is done, it will be very elegant and liveable. Sorry to say, but unfortunately, he still has a lot of work to do. But, it will be well worth it. He has taken on a good sized project and a lot of work has been done. The potential is already showing thru. Looking forward to seeing it when it's done. Keep up the good job Mike.

That was Saturday. On Sunday I got a chance to ride a portion of the Rancher trail system north of Tucson. Rocmoc told me it was good and he was rtight. This was one of the best trails I have ever been on. Tricky terrain a good portion of the way. Wow, what a great ride. Didn't get the chance to do any hot dogging because I had Jeannes 77 year old sister 'Carol' and her 80 year old husband 'Elmer' with Alzheimers loaded. Jeanne and her sister were in the back on the deck. I needed to take it real easy. It tool 3 of us to get Carol in the back and 4 of us to get her out. She is over weight and not too mobile anymore. When back, Carol immediately started calling family to tell about the exciting ride her and Elmer had on the Trooper. Gosh, we had to talk them onto going to begin with. They thought they couldn't do this kind of stuff anymore. They were thrilled.

Got back monday night and today is time to get caught up on the forum and throw in my 2 cents worth.

Thanks Rocmoc for a good time.

Lenny

Welcome back.Glad to hear all went well.Looking forward to seeing your mods next month.

Guest Lenny

I thought that was the one you said was selected as one of the 10 best trails by some magazine. My hearing isn't the best so maybe I got it all wrong. I did however ride trails that were on property suposedly owned or once owned by a man named Rancher.

Trail head where I started as per Google Earth.

32 degrees 31' 13.17" N

110 degrees 53' 4.69" W

I rode up to near

32 degrees 31' 48.99" N

110 degrees 47' 29.20" W

This one worked it's way right up the side of a mountain and continues over the top thru a pass. Really great stuff. Not a trail for the beginner especially with an ATV.

Lots of trail I didn't go on.

Lenny

Guest Lenny

OK, like I said, can't hear too good anymore. If this trail wasn't rated with it being as good as it was then the Superstition trails have got to be really good. Can't wait. That said, I only did about 15 miles of the trail near Tucson, 7-1/2 miles in and retracing 7-1/2 miles back out. I didn't get to the end of the trail I was on nor did I do any of the off shoot trails. Looking on Google, there is a lot more left. Not sure they all tail head from the same point. Don't know what the rest is but suspect it too is good. Rocmoc, maybe at some point you can check it out and have the time to do all of it to see. It is your kind of trail, by no means a forest service road.

Lenny