Welcome to UTV BOARD - UTV Forum, Side by Side Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rocmoc

Jumped back to where I was in the 70s!

5 posts in this topic

Who says you can return to your youth?

Late 1960s to early 1970s I bounced between Jeeps and Dune Buggies (now called Sandrails). Around 1970 I had a red 1965 Jeep CJ5 with V6, 3spd & Warn Overdrive. I have been looking for months and sucessfully aquired one last week only it is yellow. I was always sorry I sold that Jeep and now found a 1969 to replace it. Everything else is the same but needs a fair amount of TLC.

THEN after also watching Sandrails for sale for months I found the one. Brought it home Sunday with only two of the rear wheels fitting on the trailer because of the width. With 6 straps securely tied down on the rear hoping it would not fall off the trailer and holding my breath for 1 1/2 hours, I made it home. After mods to the trailer, rebuilding ALL the CV joints and doing some badly needed maintence; we are ready for the first roadtrip, Coral Pink Sand Dunes. My old buggies can't compare because of the tech changes over the years. Plus at this age I have already added a silencer, did do much, & a spark arrester, didn't help much with the noise either. BUT the color is the same, my old one was yellow and so is this one.

I think my new color is yellow, LOL. My rigs not me!

I will be posting more detail repairs, mods & pics in the future. I am just excited to have a place on this site and still be with my friends.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Rocmoc,

I know what you mean.

I sold my g/f, my one and only, a SWEET done up 2006 CBR Repsol that I danced with for three years all across the states. I gave it up to be where I am, no apologies.

However, the day will come when I have to return...

And my wife is warned that 24 hours will not pass before a repsol will be sitting and waiting for her first ride.

You can see a pic of her here:

http://www.pauldaytonscifi.com/who-is-this-paul-dayton-anyway.html

Nice bike. BUT I really like your site. I bookmarked it for future.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I agree I like your page also. I will have some reading to do as I bookmarked it also.