Quantcast

rocmoc

Jumped back to where I was in the 70s!

Who says you can return to your youth?

Late 1960s to early 1970s I bounced between Jeeps and Dune Buggies (now called Sandrails). Around 1970 I had a red 1965 Jeep CJ5 with V6, 3spd & Warn Overdrive. I have been looking for months and sucessfully aquired one last week only it is yellow. I was always sorry I sold that Jeep and now found a 1969 to replace it. Everything else is the same but needs a fair amount of TLC.

THEN after also watching Sandrails for sale for months I found the one. Brought it home Sunday with only two of the rear wheels fitting on the trailer because of the width. With 6 straps securely tied down on the rear hoping it would not fall off the trailer and holding my breath for 1 1/2 hours, I made it home. After mods to the trailer, rebuilding ALL the CV joints and doing some badly needed maintence; we are ready for the first roadtrip, Coral Pink Sand Dunes. My old buggies can't compare because of the tech changes over the years. Plus at this age I have already added a silencer, did do much, & a spark arrester, didn't help much with the noise either. BUT the color is the same, my old one was yellow and so is this one.

I think my new color is yellow, LOL. My rigs not me!

I will be posting more detail repairs, mods & pics in the future. I am just excited to have a place on this site and still be with my friends.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Rocmoc,

I know what you mean.

I sold my g/f, my one and only, a SWEET done up 2006 CBR Repsol that I danced with for three years all across the states. I gave it up to be where I am, no apologies.

However, the day will come when I have to return...

And my wife is warned that 24 hours will not pass before a repsol will be sitting and waiting for her first ride.

You can see a pic of her here:

http://www.pauldaytonscifi.com/who-is-this-paul-dayton-anyway.html

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• JeepS update!

Yup, I said Jeeps. I picked up a 30 year barn find. Stored 30 years in a Nebraska barn after grandpa passed away (not my grandpa). Got it for a very good price but I had to go get it. Round trip 2800 miles in three days & two nights. A 1970 Jeep CJ5 with V6, 3sp & highway gears. Completely stock and will stay that way. This is the one I will flat tow (towbar) behind the Motorhome. Have her running, rebuilding the brakes & replacing all the stuff that could fail after sitting for 30 years. Mechanically will be done this week. Then I start the body. Coming from NE, grandpa drove it in the snow so there is rust. Floors & floor braces are gone. Great thing about owning a Jeep is the new panels came via UPS last Tues. Cost were very fair, would have cost more to make them myself. Will take a week (only work about 4 hours / day at this stage in life) to repair the body. Will primer and run her this winter on our winter trips. Will finish next summer. Taking the soft top off the '69. The other one, 1969 Jeep CJ5, has turned into a serious off-road build. Lockers front & rear, big tires & rims, disc brakes, electric dual fans, headers, rollcage, 4:88 gears, overdrive & more. Setup to be towed with a towbar but will trailer to the play sites incase I BREAK it, LOL! Just had the trans & transfer case completely rebuilt and am now replacing the floor pedals with hanging pedals so I can use bigger master cylinders and a slave on the clutch. Just a little update. rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

By rocmoc, in All Other Off-Road Toys

• 9 replies
    • Oil Fill/Check on early 90's Mule 1000

I can't seem to locate the oil level add/check/fill on our old KAF450, Mule 1000. I see the oil filter on the drivers' side, but no fill tube/cap. Perhaps I need to pull some other covers off first, but if you know where it is please point me in the right direction. I have ordered a shop manual, but hoping someone can help with this a bit quicker! Thanks **btw, how do I determine the year of this vehicle? Don't see a tag/plate mounted anywhere obvious.

By y2khardtop, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 5 replies
    • Gutless Renegae-early 09

Less than 70 miles on this 09. This has NNNNOOOO low end power, absolutly nnnnoooo throttle responce. Starts fine, runs fair if your 90 years old. Just no tjrottle responce, get the hint. I found the Vap canister upside down next to fuel tank, didn"t seem like there was any fuel in the lines, so i ran it 25 or 30 miles hopeing problem would just go away. No such luck. I checked fuel pressure,60, yes 60psi. Icut it back to 30 and now it seems like I can here it laboring. I also played with the TPS. no help. By the way, when i cut the fuel pressure down, it now hesitates and misses when you get right on the pedal. I have to go now. If anyone has seen this and can help,THANK YOU for your reply in advance.I have driven a couple Renegades before which really impressed me( could use a granny gear however). Thanks again, I would love to ride tis holiday weekend.

By josephb, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies
    • joyner buggies

Hello I am a newbie to this forum and all forums. I live in Colorado and own a Rhino 450. I am considering buying a joyner sand spider 650 or a viper 800. I would appreciate some pros and cons. Am looking to ride on easier trails where 4x4 is not required. Will use on some dunes. Thank you any advise would be helpful

By mtnman, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 9 replies
    • Early Trooper with solid skid plate!

Has anyone made mods to the solid skid plate on the earlier Trooper? I know there was a post about cutting a hole to drain the Engine Oil. Has anyone did anything else. I want to be able be able to work on the thing without pulling the engine. I am also thinking of lighting wieght in the future. Thanks, rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

By rocmoc, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 7 replies