Quantcast

Mufflers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lenny

Im' woundering if putting on the harley muffler cut any power. I have one thats bigger but proubly wouldnt look as good as yours.

I wouldn't worry about power loss. I'm supercharged and producing 121 HP. I'm using a Harley muffler and it is working fine. I bought a pair of them, one right side and one left side. Gave one to Kinarfi but his sounds different then mine. MIne is a little louder but not loud. If you use a real tight 3" centerline radius 90, you can make the turn to go across the back and stay tight in. If you add a removeable cap like Bigdan120 did, keep in mind that this will create back pressure that may hurt power. Here is a link to a picture of Kinarfis.

http://good-times.we...host=good-times

Lenny

Yeah I don't know it might..Without a dyno prob won't be able to tell.. I am going to the dumps with it and uncap the exhaust and see if it performs better...It most likely will but who knows if it will be a psychological thing cause its louder or if it really is....I'm a pretty good judge...I will see what I come up with.

• 1 month later...

Ok well the muffler I have put on does restrict it to much...It's definatly has to be changed......I was tring to climb a hill with my buddy and it wouldn't make it the last 5 foot...Took off the cap off the exhaust I made and we made it with no problem....So it will be updated...Don't use the small Harley Muffler....Unless you don't care about power loss.

2008 T4 w/Cherry Bomb add-on
Ok well the muffler I have put on does restrict it to much...It's definatly has to be changed......I was tring to climb a hill with my buddy and it wouldn't make it the last 5 foot...Took off the cap off the exhaust I made and we made it with no problem....So it will be updated...Don't use the small Harley Muffler....Unless you don't care about power loss.

Dirty dog, that's a nice set up u got there, do it ever get in way of anything? Like backing up into it?

Bigdan,

That's good to know the small Harley mufflers are power robbers now i wonder if the regular Harley muffler are the same.

I'm thinking about if i want to add on something quieter than open exhaust because my wife will plug her ears every time we go out in it lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Another thought. I was actually looking at the header on this thing and just realized that the tubes are not equalized at all...... I wonder if a cast iron new one or a custom header would be better? Just thinking...I have all kinda ideas just an ARMY of 1 though so I do a little here and there and try not to get carried away.... at least this JOYNER is a Great starting point for building up then going out and buying a truck and basically starting from scratch..

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.