Quantcast

shocks

hey guys I know theres a lot of info on here about shocks whats been done what worked, suspension mods and so on. I wanna upgrade my shocks soon some Im doing some research and looking at price. Im considering radflo shocks and if im correct it seems like on the forum a 2.0 with 8 inch of travel is a good idea. What I wanna do is basically get a shock that I can put in the stock location and I was thinking id go with an extra inch of travel to be safe. so what SIZE would you guys recomend that being said. I have read the info here on this site and I would do a crazy shock setup but I do not have the fabricating skills and there is only one shop in my area that could help and his price is insane

thank u charlie

I have a 6 inch up front and 8 inch in the rear. Both are in stock mounting brackets. The fronts are right at the cv bind at full extension but dont quite bind. The rears have to have limit straps or the axels will rub right before full extension. Not as nice a setup as the other guys. But works for me.

thanx Rocmoc and Banjo I assume your talking 6" travel in the front and 8" travel in the rear right????? Ya I saw some guys have some real nice work done on here with suspension but lack of fabricating skills and not a deep enough pocket to pay for it I gotta comprmise

charlie

I have a 6 inch up front and 8 inch in the rear. Both are in stock mounting brackets. The fronts are right at the cv bind at full extension but dont quite bind. The rears have to have limit straps or the axels will rub right before full extension. Not as nice a setup as the other guys. But works for me.

What did you put up front?

I used the Fox 2.0 coilovers with reservoirs. The 6 inch bolts in the front just right, but you may need to use a limit strap there just in case. The 8 inch bolts in the rear, but it exteneds a little too far so a limit strap is a must there. The 6 inch is a single spring and the 8 inch is a 2 spring.