Quantcast

Diff fluids

charlie

i just changed mine front and rear and still need to change the transmission i m going to start changing mine 2 times a year and no metal on the front but mine does nt have a magnut plug on the front .... and a lil metal on the rear torn it all apart and it was the locker gear where the locker slides over top of the other two gears the outside lower gear the was worn on the inter most edge where it was nt properly engaging

Ooh thanks I haven't changed mine in probably a year that's bad and it hasn't been changed since I had them rebuilt so I feel like I might be ok gonna recheck the locker make sure it's sliding and engaging right. Before I pull it apart. And I am as we'll gonna start changing it at least twice a year pending on how much I drive it. It's hard to work on it now cause it's at a friends garage so opening the rear diff would be a lot work in a day

agreed with 2scoops...some "sparkely oil" is normal... chunks=BADD...once a year/season is better than most get around to but I think is a good schedule,if you do deep water or mud often...then change more often...just my 3 cents...Hardy