Quantcast

Joyner Stuck in 4WD

Digger Dan

My 2006 Joyner Commando is locked in 4WD. When I flip the switch on the dash, the Dash LED swaps properly between 2WD and 4WD, but the unit stays in 4WD.

The 3 wire sheathed cord broke (after the problem started) at the rear connector so I can't check for continuity from back to front, but each "section" of wiring is good

The owner before me did some really "hinky" wiring under the dash, so I want to start at the actuator itself before tearing apart the wiring loom at the dash.

The actuator has three wires coming out Red, Grey, & Green. I can not find any info on which wire does what (my understanding is that with no power to the actuator, the unit defaults to 4WD which seems to be where I am.

So:

1. Has anyone heard/had this issue?
  2. Does anyone know which of the 3 actuator wires does what ( I can't find any info/ schematic)?
  3. Part # for a replacement actuator, if bad?

Thanx in Advance, Dan

No, different design. I think the Commando is 1st generation and Trooper 2nd or 3rd. The Commando only has 3 wires going into the actuator: a red, a grey, and a green. Part of the actuator actually sticks out of the case with what almost looks like "set screws" holding it in place.

The file was great (it gives me a basic idea, and the 4 wire schematics will give me a start. The Joyner "lives" 200 miles away where we mostly ride. I should have taken some pictures; didn't, will next time out.

What I want to do is supply power to the actuator (correctly) and see if I can get the gear to swap.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Farm Boy
      It has done this since day one that we purchased it from Tractor Supply. I contacted the service man that Tractor Supply recommended and he told us that there wasn't anything he do to help us with. Has anyone had this same problem and can offer suggestion on to correct this issue ? It would be greatly appreciated.

• By rangerstein
      The middle two tires on 6x6 are spinning. the drive shaft from middle to rear is spinning and the shaft from middle to front is spinning. I have the entire thing jacked up. When I first start it both middle tires will spin and the front two will spin for about 10 seconds. the rear tires do nothing. I can spin the rears wheels both forward or backwards at same time or one forward and one backward and vise versa. Is this normal. Do I have a rear differential broke or is something not engaging the shaft to the gears in the back. Would somebody please tell me how all the drive system works together so I can find something to fix of replace.
    • By rocket100
      I need some help.

I bought a new Renegade in June 2021 and have only put 60 miles on it and the other day checking cows I noticed the oil light on and the oil gauge reading zero and the oil light on.

Is there a better oil sensing unit than the factory?   I've ordered one from Joyner ($60) but would like to have a supply if they are going to go out after 60 miles. 

Thanks 
    • By Alex
      Its maker has affectionately dubbed it Teslaris, for obvious reasons.
      The Polaris RZR RS1 UTV has a one-liter, two-cylinder engine that from the factory has around 100 horsepower, making the 1,383-pound (627-kilogram) UTV very quick. But there’s always room for more power in one of these vehicles, and instead of fettling with its engine, one dune vehicle aficionado decided to swap in the rear drive motor out of a Tesla Model 3 / Model Y.
      We don’t know how many of the battery modules the put in the vehicle, but it doesn’t appear to be much heavier than stock and it goes up sand dunes with remarkable ease. Depending on which version of Model 3 was the motor donor, the drive unit could have either 261 or 325 horsepower, as long as the battery pack can supply enough wattage and voltage.
      Judging by how easily it flies up the steep sand dune, almost lifting the front wheels off the ground under harder acceleration, it’s safe to say it looks like a real hoot. The steep grade you see it tackling in the video uploaded by the electric UTV’s creator, Ron Cobbley, is located in the St. Anthony, Idaho sand dunes.
      We found more videos on vehicle’s official Instagram account and aside from how interesting it is to see an electric powertrain in an application like this (and how it changes the vehicle), we also noticed that you really hear the tires on the sand more. Usually, this sound is drowned out by the engine.

The sound’s tone and pitch probably change with speed, giving the driver audible information to help him or her gauge their speed. You don’t really get this in a road-going EV driven on tarmac, which is why it’s trickier to drive an EV quickly - specifically because you have no way of knowing how fast you’re going just by ear.
      Source: https://insideevs.com/news/559789/polaris-utv-tesla-motor-dunes/
    • eManualOnline
    • By wes treleaven
      Hi all, New member and new joyner trooper owner here.
      Just picked it up yesterday. I worked for it. -40C here in Winnipeg, Canada loading it into a trailer. Unit was too tall. Some ratchet straps, recopricating saw and a lot of F^#ks. 
      Anyway she came with a broken front driveshaft. One of the ears was cracked off. I have a replacement but i am unsure how the driveshaft comes off the transfer case. 
      Doesn't sem to pull off or have any way to remove it. Any suggestions??
      Thanks,
      Wes 
  • Gallery Images