Quantcast

GMANLV

Just purchased 2008 Trooper 2 5/1/16

Hello. Just picked up an '08 T2, still waiting to get it into the dirt. I did some reading on shocks, but was unable to find a consensus spring rate. If any one knows please chime in. Also has anyone put their Trooper on a diet?

Greg

silverbullet

Congratulation on your new purchase.This is the best forum for Joyner's.Check out our website.

silverbulletmotorsports.net

If you have any questions just call Monday to Friday.

Rich

Welcome to the forum, this really is the most friendly, helpful, primarily Joyner forum around, would you please fill out your profile so we can all get to know you a little better, who know, you may have another Joyner owner just around the block from you.

There is a wealth of information in the pinned file http://www.utvboard.com/topic/392-parts-pieces-and-information-for-our-troopers-joyners/(such as weight on each wheel) and also the rest of pinned files

Jeff

PS, I had 600 over 400 springs on the rear of my 08 and it was way too much, I had Yearben shocks and spring installed on my 2015 when I bought it and they seem to be doing great.

Welcome to the forum, this really is the most friendly, helpful, primarily Joyner forum around, would you please fill out your profile so we can all get to know you a little better, who know, you may have another Joyner owner just around the block from you.

There is a wealth of information in the pinned file http://www.utvboard.com/topic/392-parts-pieces-and-information-for-our-troopers-joyners/(such as weight on each wheel) and also the rest of pinned files

Jeff

PS, I had 600 over 400 springs on the rear of my 08 and it was way too much, I had Yearben shocks and spring installed on my 2015 when I bought it and they seem to be doing great.

That surprising, it's only a 240lb main rate. I run #350 over #600 on my highly modified Joyner SV 250/cbr600. It's has more leverage on the shock, but it's almost half the weight of a trooper.

I adding the saturn vue power steering at the moment.

post-3644-0-63257500-1463631495_thumb.jpg

post-3644-0-23506700-1463631524_thumb.png

post-3644-0-54039200-1463631574_thumb.png

That surprising, it's only a 240lb main rate. I run #350 over #600 on my highly modified Joyner SV 250/cbr600. It's has more leverage on the shock, but it's almost half the weight of a trooper.

I adding the saturn vue power steering at the moment.

Are you telling me my Yearbens have a 240 # spring? Probably enough for me, I never go flying like that 3rd photo (on purpose) How about some more photo, please.

Jeff

I have no idea of the yearbens spring rate. However on a dual rate setup your main rate equals (spring1 x spring 2)/ (spring1 + spring 2).

Here's some photo of our rides.

Greg

post-3644-0-28513300-1463716782_thumb.jpg

post-3644-0-43874800-1463717052_thumb.jpg

post-3644-0-16981300-1463717244_thumb.jpg