Quantcast

Countryboy59

Trouble Shooting Trooper T4 no spark when cranking

I finally had time to dig deeper into the Trooper T4 not having spark when cranking.

I have taken the rear fuse/relay block loose and inspected the connections. All fuses are good.

I don't know if the correct size fuses are in all the slots. Some look like they are bigger than the

manual calls for. All have battery voltage when the key is on except the 4th one down. The manual

shows that it is for EFI.

When should the EFI fuse have battery voltage and where does it get it from? ECM or Ign switch?post-3653-0-13341000-1464230126_thumb.jpg

Looking at your photo, Pull every one of those fuses and relay and clear every thing, it doesn't take much in the line of corrosion to isolate a contact and it happens with these,

do you have a manual?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByQAhs0e-yF9MS1MQnVKeG9pbTQ/view?usp=sharing

this is a link to where i up loaded some info, let me know when you get it downloaded so I can delete it

Thnaks

Jeff

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Volkz VLOGS
      Hi, I'm getting ready to supercharge my trooper and I'm looking for advice on the setup. I have so for... a AMR500 supercharger, small intercooler, Dolbeck EJK fuel controller and wideband. Looking for any advice on what else I'm going to need and what to expect..Thank you

• By nascarcamshaft
      I have a 2009 Trooper that when I first start it it runs great but after about a min it starts to cut out under acceleration but clears out when it gets revved up.  I downloaded the manual from   Joyner-usa.com   but it doesn't help much,  Mine doesn't have a OBD port on it and my son who is a mechanic said he can wire one in if we have a wiring diagram for the CPU but the wiring diagram of the CPU that is in the manual is for a 3 cylinder engine.  The manual talks about a MIL light that can flash out a code but I don't know where that is and even if I did find it they  don't tell me how to read it.  I have tried the coil and the map sensor and that didn't help I checked the TPS and it checks OK.  I emailed Joyner and all I got from them is there should be a OBD port on it and then they said they checked and found some don't have it,  No help from them. Anybody run into this problem or know were I can turn to get some help on this, even a good wiring diagram of the CPU would be a big help.
      Thanks for you help
    • By fettman1176
      Hello there, I have 4 T2 troopers, 2 of them start and run like Champs, 2 of them have the issue. They will crank and crank but not start. Takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get them going, then they will run all day long and fire up at will every time. It's just the cold start they have a problem with. Since I have 2 that run good, I have swapped every part you can think of from the fuel system to ignition system with no success. I'm pretty stumped and am looking for any advice 
    • By calebcobb1994
      There is no spark to plug and no power to fuel pump. I can run a direct ground to fuel pump to get power but still no spark at plug. Any ideas to what could be wrong? thanks!!
    • By Travis Sparks
      can someone tell me where best place to buy 2008 t2 joyner rear end