Quantcast

Trouble Shooting Trooper T4 no spark when cranking

I finally had time to dig deeper into the Trooper T4 not having spark when cranking.

I have taken the rear fuse/relay block loose and inspected the connections. All fuses are good.

I don't know if the correct size fuses are in all the slots. Some look like they are bigger than the

manual calls for. All have battery voltage when the key is on except the 4th one down. The manual

shows that it is for EFI.

When should the EFI fuse have battery voltage and where does it get it from? ECM or Ign switch?post-3653-0-13341000-1464230126_thumb.jpg

Looking at your photo, Pull every one of those fuses and relay and clear every thing, it doesn't take much in the line of corrosion to isolate a contact and it happens with these,

do you have a manual?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByQAhs0e-yF9MS1MQnVKeG9pbTQ/view?usp=sharing

this is a link to where i up loaded some info, let me know when you get it downloaded so I can delete it

Thnaks

Jeff

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By lonerider98
      At the end of last year my Coleman UT 500 will not go into reverse. I can hold it over toward the reverse to move it nut it won't lock into reverse. Anyone have this problem? Winter is just about over and going to have to get this resolved. Thank You!
    • By Coleman400
      Hey all. I need to change my plug in my ut400 and I remember seeing people in here saying to get a certain one that was better than what it came with. What was it?
      Also I need to do an oil change. Are the tractor supply oil change kits ok to use?

Any help here is appreciated!
    • By SwampTrapper
      This is my first buggy. I rode a Arctic Cat 500 manual for 19 years. My question is: with the engine running in Park and you rev the engine is the drive belt engaged and turning 🤷
    • By FloridaMan
      I have a 2012 Massimo MSU 500 that died. I found that it didn't have spark and the fuel pump wouldn't run. Checked all fuses and none were blown.
      Went through and replaced the ignition coil, HT lead and spark plug. Still no spark.
      Thought it could be the fuse/relay box because I didnt' know much about the machine at that point so I replaced it. No spark.
      Then I replaced the ECM just because I was running out of ideas. No spark.
      I removed the 9 pin connector and hardwired it making sure that they were no wires got swapped. Still no spark.
      Then I replaced the wiring hardness. In doing so, I replaced the 9 pin connector with new ones. I made sure all wires were matched up between the engine harness side and the other harness assembly. Still no spark.
      I have no other ideas what to do. My fuel pump doesn't kick on and I have no spark. I have 12V on the fuel pump, ignition coil and fuel injector, but no ground from the ECM control.  I unplugged the fuel injector and waited for a diagnostic code but nothing ever came in. It makes me think that the ECM isn't powering up. I've checked for 12V on pins 18 (purple wire) and 15 (white and black wire). I also checked for ground on pin 2 (black wire). All are good.
      I am out of options here and I have no idea what else it could be. I have all connections redone and are coated with dielectric grease. I've checked all easy things like fuses and making sure I have 12V in the right placed. I would appreciate any help.
    • By Steve R
      after looking at the diagnostic procedures in this forum, I am finding my Gunner 250 does not have an engine warning light on the dash. i have tried to see if any other symbols flash, but nothing seems to project an error code. i have not engine spark. I do not get a start of the fuel pump. I have replaced the ignition coil, the ECU (MT05) and the voltage regulator. I could really use a diagram for the 250 model. i need a place to start checking the electrical system.