Magellan

Smaller SXS for limited transportation/storage space

Hi all.  I enjoy meandering down going down narrow trails in forested and desert areas. Jumps, mudding or speed turning are just not my thing so I don't believe I need a very powerful machine - but I am new to all this so what do I know?.  Because of space limitations of my cargo trailer and pickup, I'm considering considering 3 machines: 1) Hisun Sector 250 or the Hisun Strike 250, the Trailmaster Challenger 300x and the BMS Sand Spider T350. 

Because the trails I will go down have ruts, rocks and can be steep, I will need some ground clearance.  The Sector has 8" clearance front and back whereas the Strike has only 5.8" clearance in the back.  The Trailmaster clearance is 6.3" front and back.  The Sand Sniper is 11" as I recall I am wondering what your thoughts are as to whether 5.8, 6.3 or even 8 inches is enough for the uses I intend.  Also, do you have any thoughts on how well these machines would do on a moderately steep hill? I'm only 5'7" but weigh close to 200lbs so I am wondering if the 250, 300 or 350 cc motors can propel while I'm riding.

The Hisun has favorable reviews by Dirt Wheels Magazine. I couldn't find independent reviews of any on the others so it's hard to judge the reliability or quality of the others.

Thanks for your thoughts

You will be able to drive the Sector 250 with no problems.  It's only 49 inches wide and there are high/low gears.  The Sector 250 is a rear wheel chain drive with swing arm suspension and it doesn't have 4 wheel drive.  If most of your riding is trail then you should have any problems.

Not sure what your budget might be, but two yrs back I was also shopping for a smaller UTV. After months of shopping, kicking tires and crawling up, under, around, and thru I bought a "KYMCO 450i" UTV and the machine has been excellent!!  10" ground clearance, 2wd, 4wd, and diff lock will get you thru anything. Comfortable ride, plenty of power, 56" in total width. Kymco is made in Tiawan under USA engineering and quality control.  There customer complaint per 100 units manufactured is the lowest in the industry. Do yourself a favor and check them out..