Quantcast

Splutter

Hi

Anyone have a chinese clone (Cazador 180cc) or similar experiencing spluttering when trying to run full throttle cruising? I'm not sure if there is a limiter on my model but it just won't let me cruise at anything over 45kph.

what are the tell tale signs of a limiter cutting in? mine splutters and almost cuts out the engine forcing me to the kerbside until it recovers and very annoying indeed! 

I just want to cruise at 50 or 55kph so the engine hums nicely instead of vibrating like the clappers. 

• Like 1

Today I tried leaning the idle mix and its running better, spluttering gone but still missing the power on hills with 2 adults. also full throttle didn't shut down so I'm thinking almost got it sorted. 

Now tweaking the mix screw a little at a time on runs to find the best setting. then I'll take a look at the sparkplug as a double check. 

Machine is 2 yrs old and 200km on clock as was garaged. Now have it almost running fine but now battery constantly draining after a few runs and meeting just with a click at the starter. 

I have charged battery, volt tested it and charging seems to have enough power and doesn't drop with engine throttle open so running should not deplete it. 

No sticking brakelamps but however front sidelights are always on whilst the engine is running. the rear ones obey switch. I pulled the switch connector cables apart and they are still on. they don't stay on after key removal but may be the constant drain I'm looking for. 

Any ideas guys? 

• 2 weeks later...

Machine is 2 yrs old and 200km on clock as was garaged. Now have it almost running fine but now battery constantly draining after a few runs and meeting just with a click at the starter. 

I have charged battery, volt tested it and charging seems to have enough power and doesn't drop with engine throttle open so running should not deplete it. 

No sticking brakelamps but however front sidelights are always on whilst the engine is running. the rear ones obey switch. I pulled the switch connector cables apart and they are still on. they don't stay on after key removal but may be the constant drain I'm looking for. 

Any ideas guys? 

update. 

Cdi changed, new plug and battery. same problem

have since discovered a split around the intake manifold where the carbs mounted on the engine. Seems when the engine revs theres a lot of engine pivoting & movement opening up the gap under load. Will get that changed tomorrow and hopefully report back with good news. 

IMG-20170723-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20170723-WA0000.jpg

Edited by Keyif
added pics

Update on Chinese UTV Cazador

Running well now, starting ok. 

Performance specs are for your reference. 

2 passengers cruising 30mph max 34mph downhill and 20mph uphill

Reversing has tendency for chain to jump. 

Going to Attempt to tweak shock preload settings for 2 passengers. Would preferably like to do it on trail but need to get wheels hanging to releive spring load.

so does anyone know if driving one wheel onto a kerb will releive the tension to the opposite wheel so enabling adjustment easily? 

• 2 weeks later...

Shockers upped to 3rd notches back and front, rides firmer and chain adjusted but needed to sash clamp the shaft to get it moving. the bolts are too soft and one thread stripped. 

Sprocket bolts loose and a few others including castellated wheel nuts and shock mounts.

Handbrake lever bolt tightened, Brake mountings checked and steering tie rods. 

Now rides quieter and rumbling gone.

Starting easier and Electric problems finished. 

Update:- Headlights now way too low and need adjustment. Remounting Back storage box higher so can access the parcel shelf and maybe fit extra spotlamps to sides above mirrors if lights are inadequate. 

May have to adapt windshield as a fold down as get dazzled by lights at night and have to illuminate lamp and indicator switches. 

buggy5.jpg

IMG-20170620-WA0013.jpg

I've just finished upcycling an old clothes rail to raise the cargo box and can now store gas, jump leads, Slime and pump underneath and covered with webbing to hold all in place. I was always looking at the wasted space with the original mounting and it had been put on off centre. 

You'll also notice the reg change to new foreign owner plate.

Still waiting on my 72w Cree lightbar to fit in the scoop on front to finish up.

Buggy_4.jpg

By the way. "Slime"  for your information 

I've used it on my motorbike and mountain bike and it takes away the puncture stress of thorns etc. out on trails. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fKlS7I-gwW4

It says temporary but I've used it and managed to wear out my tire before needing to get it fixed. 

images (11).jpg

Buggy_2.jpg

Buggy_6.jpg

• 2 months later...

Recent update. 

Light bar mounted and also reverse and interior LED's with a new fusebox mounted under dash with a centre switch plate. Very impressed with the light bar but wish i could fit stalks on steering column to dip, flash and indicate etc. but hey ho.. its doing well. 

Steering rods were both loose through vibration and hence steering was well out of line. Soon corrected with string and tape rule, adjusting tie rods accordingly. also the bolts on the knuckle were loose. 

I've opted for dry silicon chain lube on all steering ball joints as rubber boots all rotten and grease attracts dirt so Castrol lube it is. 

Note:- Chinese Tyres are soft as you can see fronts worn already with just 850km on the clock. 

Good note is first time out in heavy rain and floods and didn't have any problems, checked following day and engine  started normally. 👍

IMG_20171105_114425045_HDR.jpg

Update 02.jpg

Update 04.jpg

Update 07.jpg

Update 11.png

Update 08.jpg

Update 02.jpg

Update 05.jpg

Update 06.jpg

Update 10.jpg

Update 09.jpg

• Like 1