Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
Travis

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3 MAX X DS Review

Changing the game in the high performance multi-passenger UTV market

This past year and a half has been huge for the powersports industry, particularly the high-performance Side-by-Side market. While Polaris has seemed to have a strong grasp on the market with its line of RZR UTVs in both two and four-seat models, Can-Am responded in a major way with its new Can-Am Maverick X3.

Fast Facts

Engine: 900cc Triple

Horsepower: 154

Ground Clearance: 13.0 in.

Suspension Travel: 20 in.

Wheelbase: 135 in.

MSRP: $27,499

When the Can-Am Maverick X3 was unleashed on the world, heads turned and took quick notice of the 154 HP turbocharged and intercooled Rotax ACE engine that came stuffed into different packages with different suspension options. The high-performance community went wild over these new machines, but it didn’t take long for everyone to start asking when the four-seat model would come out.

It might have taken six months to surface, but when the new Can-Am Maverick X3 MAX was finally revealed, it is clear why it took time to deliver and it most certainly was worth the wait.

Click here for a short video review of the Maverick X3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-RuZRtrNPo

Edited by Travis
Forgot Link.. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• Nikola Powersports releases all-electric UTV

Nikola Powersports has finalized the specifications and design for the four-seater UTV dubbed the Nikola Zero. The Nikola Zero UTV is an all-electric, 400-volt plug-in, off-road and potentially street-ready vehicle. Dealerships can begin reserving production units starting in January. Starting at $35,000, the UTV will come with two performance options: 415 hp and 3,675 ft. lbs. of torque and 555 hp and 4,900 ft. lbs. of torque. The UTV will also have three battery options: 75kWh, 100kWh and 125kWh, with the largest battery option giving the Nikola Zero more battery storage than a Tesla P100D. The 125kWh battery package can deliver 200 miles of range in 4x4 off-road mode. “The Nikola Zero will be the first UTV to come with optional Anti-Lock Braking Systems (ABS), stability control, anti-roll-over, traction control and torque vectoring. Normally these options are reserved for high-end sports cars and not normally found in UTVs. We have worked hard to make these UTVs street legal, and in many states, you may be able to drive the Nikola Zero UTV to work,” said Trevor Milton, Nikola’s CEO. “Once you test drive the Nikola Zero, you will want to trade in your current UTV. No other competitor UTV can match the Nikola Zero’s performance. We are not talking about a few seconds faster than the competition, we are talking about laps faster, with speeds up to 0-60 in 3.9 seconds with four passengers inside,” added Milton. Standard features include: 100-percent electric power steering, 20-inch front and rear suspension travel, 14-inch ground clearance, 62-inch wide frame, four independent electric motors, 32-inch tires, bead lock wheels, tow hitch, over the air software updating, 10-inch infotainment center display, 7-inch instrument cluster, multiple color options, IP 67 waterproofing, LED headlights, taillights and custom seats, all with a two-year warranty. Optional features include: 555 HP upgrade, street legal package (some states), 4x4 torque vectoring system, ABS, anti-roll protection, traction control, front and rear 4500 lb. winches, factory audio system, 15 kW power export at 110/220V, 4kW Solar 400-volt DC Charger, LED interior lighting, rider profiles, front windshield, mirrors, cameras and a four-year extended warranty package. A dealer ride and drive event is being planned in December in St. George, Utah. Dealers can contact [email protected] for applications and to attend the ride and drive event. RSVPS are required.

By Alex, in UTV News and Information

• 3 replies
    • Has anybody else felt this money burn with the Polaris 800S

Bought a brand new Polaris 800s in 2012 for my wife ($18500). My first service was $650 (20 hrs) my second service was $2000 and my third service was just quoted at $1100 (now has 60hrs) but my dealer said they could make it $500 and I could do the front ball joints next year. My wife with our 5 years follow me around our lake and we take it pretty easy, i could drive my wife's Audi S5 convertible just about 95% of the trails we take. My Suzuki Quad has cost me $200 in Maintenance in the last three years. Dealer tells me I have a lemon and he knows guys with 3600km and spent $200 in maintenance... Just looking at what the general consensus is out there...Maybe my dealer is a crook! But Polaris has lost my business and I buy lots of toys.

By RZR 800 money burn, in General Discussion - Anything

• 3 replies
    • Polaris Ranger 800 11-16 4x4 6x6 Crew Engine Motor Rebuilt

Polaris Ranger 800 11-16 4x4 6x6 Crew Engine Motor Rebuilt On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-Ranger-800-11-16-4x4-6x6-Crew-Engine-Motor-Rebuilt/361534749653?  

By johnpeter, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies
    • 250cc performance exhaust

for those of you who havent been to our site yet, here is a look at our performance exhaust system. Made in house, certified for spark arrester, and db rated at below 94db. Legal for any race track, trail or off road park. Great sound without sounding like an open pipe as with some others out there. True bolt on kit.

By strike250, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • 2015 Polaris RZR

2015 Polaris RZR On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Polaris-RZR-S-900-EPS-SXS-Side-by-Side-ATV-UTV-Razor-1k-Miles-Clean-Unit/382527959951?  

By johnpeter, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies