Quantcast

Transmission disassembly how to, any one? Sandviper 1100cc

orlnd03

Knock pins are just hollow pins, usually on each side or across from each other. Sometimes you can us a rubber a mallet to tap the 2nd half off, Do NOT use a regular hammer, in case it s aluminum. 

I do not own a Joyner, so I wouldn't trust my into 100%😉

Edited by Travis
  • Like 1

That's a negative travis, I've been working and its too hot in southern California right now to be in the garage. I am going to give it a try this weekend. the goal is to have the buggie ready by October. I've called Joyner 3 times with no luck, they keep saying that the technician is busy and he will call me back but nothing. I just need some basic guidance, I don't want to damage something in the trans trying to take it apart. I'll post some pictures this weekend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

search using the word transmission, I think I left some info and instructions in here some where, see if you can find it before I have to open up my stored files,

ignore travis, he sticks his nose in where it don't belong and as he said he doesn't own a Joyner and knows nothing about them, but that doesn't stop him from wasting our time reading his dribble. 

Travis, shut the **** up!!!!

• Like 1

Well, he messaged me back and said he got it pulled apart... PLUS, I was just SUGGESTING WHAT MIGHT be the cause of it sticking. I told him i did not know.  Try thinking before you type? And some show of a "good moderator" by cursing a member out! at least get the guts to do it in Private messages! 

but that doesn't stop him from wasting our time reading his dribble. 

Its your choice whether you read it or not.

Well, I appreciate all the help I can get. After doing the work I realized that the transmission was not difficult to pull apart or fix, very basic stuff. I just didn't want to brake anything in the process. We put it back together yesterday and in the buggy.  This morning after finding an exploded view of the transmission I realized that we put a stop block in the wrong hole, so the trans has to come back out and apart again, which is not a big deal a couple of hours of work will fix that. I'll post pictures of the trans soon. Thank you guys.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By MJG
      Hello, 
      I found an 08 Renegade for sale and looking to purchase it.  I haven’t heard too much about these machines and any insight would be much appreciated.  Are they good machines?
    • By Strongsteven
      My 2014 mule has all 4 25x11-10’s. Mule has 2” lift kit installed. I need new tires. I found a fantastic new set of 2 25x11-10 and 2 25x9-10.  Will the 9” work for the front?  If so whats pro’s con’s of not having all 4 the same. I have the oem 10 “ rims. 
    • By IslandHopper
      Can anyone tell me if their MSU 500 or 700 fuel pump and injector cycle when you turn the key on? This will help me rule out the Crank Position Sensor as a problem.
      I just bought this non-running and the service manual is not much help.
      Thanks
    • By Kontra06
      Thanks for letting me join in!
      Looking at the Tracker 800DSX LE for my "runabout" rig and something to take the grandkids out into the desert dust and brush.
      Kontra06 (Mark Porter)
    • eManualOnline
    • By Susana
      Help! I washed horse manure off of the dump bed and underneath with a garden hose because it was smoking. It was fine when I drove it back to the house. 

when I tried to start it the next day. The screen was black and it wouldn’t turn over. My husband bought a new battery and checked the fuses. I’m stressed I can’t do my daily chores without, 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Viper0012
      Hope I have this in the right area but i am having an issue with the drive by wire system on my Joyner sandviper  with the 2.0. I have done all electrical checks to pedal and the electronic throttle body. But have no actuation of the throttle, meaning the engine starts and idles but no vroom vroom. Wondering if anyone has come across this issue I am leaning towards ecm but due to the rareity of parts hoping not.
    • By Joey Miller
      Hey I finally found a joyner I could afford lol I just bought a 2008 joyner sand viper 800cc I like it but it needs work that's not the issue me being a mechanic issue is I can't seem to find the parts I need like everything else I've worked on I'm not even sure what would work so I need advice from some one who has been there for now the things I need the most are rear shocks , I need the upper and lower ball joints or Johnny joints whatever they are called and I'm sure this had a fuel pressure regulator before now it just has some random inline pump no filter runs good for 15 mins or so then runs pretty crappy but if I let it sit a bit same thing I know it's going out but I need to know what I can do to sub for the factory pump and what psi requirement it has that's it for now any help would be appreciated
    • By TmJoyner
      New to the Joyner community.  Bought a used 2016 1100 sand viper in descent shape. Only 155 miles.   Runs great.  It just rattles quite a bit in the front when riding on rough gravel / hard-packed dirt roads outside St Johns.  Removed front wheels and seems to be coming from both upper and lower suspension arm bushings/radial bearings (see pic); both left and right.  Seems like some play inside the eyelets - as I shake the arms a bit.  I assume it's not supposed be loose in there like that and the bushing/bearings are worn.  Anyone have had this issue and how did you go about changing them?