Quantcast

nybuckboy

Lights for 2510 Mule

On 9/1/2017 at 8:15 PM, nybuckboy said:

Anyone know how I can upgrade the lights on my 99 2510 Mule ?

If you're thinking of adding more power to the existing headlights, you're likely out of luck, without extensive modification. But I'm no expert.

I'd recommend a light bar. They've got some really nice aftermarket stuff out there. They come in all sizes and shapes. Installation is usually plug n play.

• Like 1

At 120w of power consumption, it'd have to be used only while the engine is running. Just for comparison, my mule 3010 has 50w stock lights, and they don't perform well either. That thing would pull the battery down in just a couple minutes, possibly leaving you stranded. I'd suggest splitting up the task, if you want heavy duty lighting. So you've got to figure out exactly what you want to accomplish. Are you just lighting the trail in front? To the side also? To the rear? Are you lighting the cargo area also? A work area light? 

You'll need a heavy duty rocker switch panel, and several smaller lights, or bars. I'd run em through an additional fuse box. I'd also suggest upgrading the alternator, if it has one. And maybe adding a back up battery.

This way you can turn on only what's needed. The  job would be cleaner from a maintenance/trouble shooting aspect. And the effect would have a much better cool factor, IMHO. 

Upgrades like this can be expensive. The easy solution is to just get a couple of forward firing led lights. Our Toyota forklifts at work, have what you need. Check out the newer models of these locally, or on the web. They aren't powerful enough to replace the stock lights, but to supplement the total.

I can also tell you that the color of light is important, to actually recognize what you're seeing. Led lighting CAN do it. But the technology has barely made it to the flashlight market. Extremely white light gives a washed out appearance to stuff. You want a more yellow light. It's a huge difference, but you have to see it firsthand to appreciate it.

2 hours ago, kenfain said:

And maybe adding a back up battery.

That's a good idea!!

2 hours ago, kenfain said:

You want a more yellow light.

Halogen light.😁

13 minutes ago, Travis said:

I thought about getting one for my 550, but they are $800!! Plus, its just another  thing to break!

You'd need one with an air conditioner down there in conroe Travis. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kenfain said:

You'd need one with an air conditioner down there in conroe Travis. 

You know it! The humidity gets you too!! its horrible!!!

47 minutes ago, kenfain said:

Not to mention the skeeters

Oh yeah!! Lately the county has been flying the C130 Spraying. So in 60 years I'll have some form of cancer or disease that i can make money off of by suing them! Lol :) 

Last winter, we bought a little 5x5 greenhouse to keep our plants in, in the day time, it would get in the upper 90's in the green house, but the humidity was soo thick, U cant breath!

On 9/23/2017 at 1:25 PM, Travis said:

Man, your Stylin'!  

Good for $40! How far ahead can you see with them?

Is that a full cab enclosure?

I can see about like a car with these and cab has he solid doors as well.  Even has a heater although it won't get you very hot. 

Believe it or not, 800km only out of those tyres on tarmac. Chinese rubber.

Will have to replace them with road tyres soon. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Cub Cadet Diesel UTV key on no lights and wont start

New here!  I have a 2003 Cub Cadet Volunteer Diesel ran everyday 1 day fine nothing the next. anyone had this problem? when I turn on the key not even the lights will come on. I took the switch apart it seems fine put it back in. checked the 2 blowout fuses are also fine (even tried new ones), switched the 3 relays around they seem fine to hate to have to take it in an get wallet raped someone must have had this problem before any help would be greatly appreciated!

By uponahill, in Cub Cadet UTV SxS Forum

• 50 replies
    • Diff upgrade help

Ok guys I tore my diff apard anfrer shearing the ring gear bolts. Drug my butt after rearing it down, yesterday while placing a McMaster Carr order I searched the board for the part number and added the bolt s to my normal order. They showed up this morning and I realized they are long , really long. I grabbed a set of calipers and mic'ed the carrier and ring gear and come up with about 16mm in length.   So the question is why in the worldvare the bolts that folks talk about 40mm long ? Are you guys ordering them long so that they have a shank at the top where they go thru the carrier & cutting them off ?   Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk    

By ERV JR, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 11 replies
    • Electrical Gremlins (Wench, Lights and 4x4)

Hi all, I'm running into a strange problem with the chassis electrical on my Trooper.  I had someone push me off a rock pile I was high centered on and they smashed a few of my taillights.  I didn't think much of it at the time as taillights are easy to replace, but the next morning I couldn't turn on my headlights or spotlights, my wench motor wouldn't respond to the in/out switch, and the 4x4 switch won't take me out of 4 wheel. Looking at the Trooper wiring schematic, I can see that all these switches are on the same ING1 circuit so I'm concluding it is some type of electrical issue.  I've completely disconnected the rear lights to rule out any type of shorts or anything there, replaced and verified all the fuses in the passenger seat fuse box with a test lamp.  Verified the line continuity from wench, head lights, and 4x4 connectors.  So Im kinda stuck at this point. I'm going to go ahead and test all the relays in the passenger side fuse box, but none of those are listed in the manual with having anything to do with 4x4 or the wench so I don't think they will be the solution.  I do see there is a "capstan relay" listed in the wiring schematics on that circuit, but I have no idea where that is (or really what it is, I know a capstan on a boat is kind of a wench so kind of assuming is a translation thing) on the chassis.  I do see something that looks like a rectifier mounted directly behind the wench but not sure what that is either. Which brings me to me last point, I have had malfunctioning rectifier do weird things on other cars so I'm kind of wondering if this might be the case here as well, but I'm not finding anything called a rectifier in the manual.  Any one have an idea where it might be on the chassis so I can test it?   TIA everyone... hoping someone might have some insight!

By joephus, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 8 replies
    • Python 800i Suspension upgrade ?

Hi Guys - we have a Joyner Python 800i which we use offroad here in Scotland. The standard shock absorbers we can get in the UK are only lasting a few days and we are struggling to find uprated ones which will fit straight on - can anyone advise on good replacements or send me a link please ? Thanks Alan

By sackspeed, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 4 replies