Quantcast

Is there a way to increase speed on my alligator

Mickey

• 1 year later...

Speed is a function of engine RPM and transmission gear ratio.  Bypassing the governor (if equipped) will allow you to increase engine RPM but will probably not be good for the engine.  Changing the pulley ratios will get you more speed but at the cost of acceleration (loss of torque).  Any improvements you can do will probably result in limited performance increases short of installing a turbo kit.  That  will probably be a good option if you have the money.  And if you have the money, upgrading to a larger machine would work, too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Tiff Rumsey
      I own a 2020 T-Boss410 I'm having problems with it over heating with it just idling for maybe 10 minutes, I have checked the fan and it works. I wired the fan up to a switch so it runs all the time and it still over heats within 10 minutes. Anyone have suggestions?
    • By Liv4upoutdoors
      Has any one replaced their radiator fan to the Massimo 410.  My buck is overheating.   I checked fuse which was good... then  I was going to jump the fan switch and have it run all the time but its not turning on.  So much for the easy fix.   I guess my next step is to replace the fan.  I would like to get the same fan so its easy to switch out.  There isn't alot of room to work in there.   So trying to make it alittle easier.  Thank you kindly for your input.  

• By OviV
      Has anyone found aftermarket side mirrors that work with angled bars on the 800sx other than the super expensive factory ones?
    • By res2fr
      Hello All,

I am trying to find a Scanner that is works for a 2016 MSU500. I found the Tiny Scan TS301 that looks like a decent Scanner but so far have not been able to get confirmation that this works on and older model. It has been stated that it works on the 2019 and newer but not sure about older models. It appears that the ECM/ECU/EFI modules are likely interchangeable between a 2016 and the newer 2019 and on but not sure of the Scanner. I am waiting for feedback from Hisun on this issue right now.
       If this unit is not usable for my model year has anyone found and a Diagnostic Scanner for the older machines, one that works and is Affordable?
      Thanks for reading my post and any information that you may have to share,
      Robert
    • eManualOnline
    • By Byron Johnson
      Does anyone have a had time starting there utv.
      I have a T-Boss 750 and I have had to put 2 starters in and put heavier wire to the starter but it still has a problem starting. it will turn over and than die before it wil turn over again. could it be that there is to much compression that might cause this problem

Thank you
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Barbermafia13
      Will a rhino 660 exhaust system fit a Massimo alligator 700 ?

• By Zeeshan Mehmood
      With the help of this community I choose my UTV model and brand. Now I'm looking for UTV Soundbar. For this purpose i searched on Google and Google suggested me that mentioned page for the UTV recommended soundbar speakers. If anyone have any idea regards to the speakers or soundbars kindly let me know. thank you so much.
      Regards: Zeeshan Mehmood
    • By Zeeshan Mehmood
      Its my 2nd day on this plat form. I'm new here in this community but in these two days I got some Premium recommendations. I was in search of these recommendations form the past few months. Thanks you so much for creating such kind of the community.
      Regards: Zeeshan Mehmood
    • By cliffyk
      View File UTV-ATV US EPA Who Makes What
      This document contains "who makes what ATV/UTV engine" information from the 2021 EPA emission certification database. IT can be interesting seeing where all this stuff actually comes from. It includes model year, engine family, manufactuer (brand) name, actual engine maker, vehicle maker, certified models, displacement (cc), power¹ (kW, multiply by 0.746 for HP), and at what rpm that power was observed...
      ------------------------------------------------------
      ¹ -the output power shown is that observed by the EPA during testing the bare engine (engine driven accessories installed but not active). It is a much more real number than whatever the vendor claims in their ads...
      Submitter cliffyk Submitted 04/22/2021 Category Other UTVs  
    • By cliffyk
      This document contains "who makes what ATV/UTV engine" information from the 2021 EPA emission certification database. IT can be interesting seeing where all this stuff actually comes from. It includes model year, engine family, manufactuer (brand) name, actual engine maker, vehicle maker, certified models, displacement (cc), power¹ (kW, multiply by 0.746 for HP), and at what rpm that power was observed...
      ------------------------------------------------------
      ¹ -the output power shown is that observed by the EPA during testing the bare engine (engine driven accessories installed but not active). It is a much more real number than whatever the vendor claims in their ads...