Quantcast

Help! Anybody no where this connects?

petethedog

2009 Joyner T4:  Starts fine when it is warm but in cold weather won't start.  Turns over fine but won't fire.  I read somewhere there are 2 sensors for coolant temp that ECU reads to adjust air/fuel.  Once warmed up it starts easily and runs great.  TPS and IAC both good and cleaned air temperature gauge on side of intake.  I noticed this connector and don't see which sensor it hooks to.  Engine compression is good. This connection is Left side of engine in wiring bundle and it has power when I turn ignition on.  Red/White and Green/White wires.  Where does it connect anybody know?.  Thanks!

IMG_4271.JPG

IMG_4270 (800x600).jpg

IMG_4272.JPG

silverbullet.

I have 2 ideas.First i would check compression.Even if it runs good.2 i would check spark plugs wires.Just get a spray bottle and spray the ignition wires.Just see if it runs good or starts to misfire if not pull the boot off spark plugs just a little till you get to the boots and spray and see if it misfires.I tell everybody to check compression.Its a good thing to know.If good that's great 6 times each time with gauge.We rebuild a lot of engines.We have 5 outside for rebuild.2 troopers 1 orian 

2 renli 1100 cc autozone loans compression gauge out free.They come from all around about 5 differents states.Must want a big bore and customs cams.Plus many other things.

We lighten flywheel we lighten crank and knife journals and we make the rods  i beam them and shot pine them to make them much stronger.Port and polish head and a few other things.Bore cylinder .070 and put hi  low or stock compression forged pistons with total seal rings.

Thanks rich

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I had that problem and when camping one time I parked on a hill and it would start with out a problem if I just coasted down the hill and popped the clutch, and once the engine warmed up, no more problems! 

I've always wondered if the starter pulled the voltage down far enough to effect things.

I put new rings on the pistons and never had the problem again.  

• 4 months later...

That connector may be unused.  Manufacturers will make one wire harness for several versions of their side x side, ATV, car, van or truck.  It's cheaper to maintain one supply chain (in your case, the wire harness) for all their vehicles of that model than it is to maintain several supply chains, one for each version of that model.  Example:  My van has a dead end wire harness under the passenger seat in case a buyer wants the option of an electrically adjustable seat for the passenger.  If I learn of something about that connector, I'll respond again.

I presume everything (gauges, lights, 4WD select, etc) are all working.  If you are not the original owner, is there any evidence that something was removed that this connected to?

Aug 31, 2018.  I went digging into my Renegade SxS today and I found that I have that exact same connector, disconnected, not used.

Edited by Dan B
Additional info

silverbullet.

I have 2 ideas.First i would check compression.Even if it runs good.2 i would check spark plugs wires.Just get a spray bottle and spray the ignition wires.Just see if it runs good or starts to misfire if not pull the boot off spark plugs just a little till you get to the boots and spray and see if it misfires.I tell everybody to check compression.Its a good thing to know.If good that's great 6 times each time with gauge.We rebuild a lot of engines.We have 5 outside for rebuild.2 troopers 1 orian 

2 renli 1100 cc autozone loans compresion gauge them out free.They come from all around about 5 differents states.Must want a big bore and customs cams.Plus many other things.

We lighten flywheel we lighten crank and knife journals and we make the rods  i beam them and shot pine them to make them much stronger.Port and polish head and a few other things.Bore cylinder .070 and put hi  low or stock compression forged pistons with total seal rings.

Thanks rich