Quantcast

marypippin14

dump bed problems

I have a 2003 Kawasaki Mule kaf620-e3 my dump bed doesn't work, just makes a clicking nose when I flip the switch. Any ideas out there. It is connected to battery and machine starts fine so not the battery.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

First off, did you buy the lift for the bed, or did it come with it?

More than likely a clicking noise, usually means a solenoid has gone bad and is not engaging properly. But i am not very familiar with the dump bed lift, and how it is set up. I will try to find some more information  quickly.

• Like 1

This sounds like an aftermarket lift. The factory lift is hydraulic IIRC. If it is electric, then it probably has a worm screw driven mechanism. If this is an aftermarket lift, try giving it a helping hand by pulling up on it while operating the lift switch. You might need some help with the lifting up of the bed. Sometimes the worm screw just needs some help getting to some good threads. Of course the bed should be empty when you do this. If this is the problem, you'll be able to hear it turning. And if that's the case, and this fix doesn't work, you'll have to pull the bed hinge pins, raise the lift, and replace the pins. Do this while it's raised.

If this works, then you'll always want to keep the bed up about a half inch from the bed rails. That way it'll always be in the good threads. The fix gets easier after you've done it a couple of times. Hope this makes sense.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, kenfain said:

This sounds like an aftermarket lift. The factory lift is hydraulic IIRC. If it is electric, then it probably has a worm screw driven mechanism. If this is an aftermarket lift, try giving it a helping hand by pulling up on it while operating the lift switch. You might need some help with the lifting up of the bed. Sometimes the worm screw just needs some help getting to some good threads. Of course the bed should be empty when you do this. If this is the problem, you'll be able to hear it turning. And if that's the case, and this fix doesn't work, you'll have to pull the bed hinge pins, raise the lift, and replace the pins. Do this while it's raised.

If this works, then you'll always want to keep the bed up about a half inch from the bed rails. That way it'll always be in the good threads. The fix gets easier after you've done it a couple of times. Hope this makes sense.

Hey guys thanks for all the information. I found my problem with lots of strong help. They was a piece of wood stuck under the bed had it jammed. Took several strong people to pull the bed up. Thanks again every one was lots of help

• Like 1